01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

external IP not pulling through

grantsmith82

HI All,
I have my NVR 7608 and i have changed from Virgin (static ip) to another provider (dynamic ip)
however on the network settings which shows the port numbers its not pulling through the external IP and despite setting up all the port fwd etc on the new router im still not
getting any connection (internal ip/ external ip/ or using DDNS)

i had this issue with a friends system before and they called their isp who changed there setup (at £5 pm extra) from dynamic to static IP and it all pulled through and worked after
this unfortunatly isnt an option for me and my ISP is only dynamic based IP.

any help appreciated.

HI All,
I have my NVR 7608 and i have changed from Virgin (static ip) to another provider (dynamic ip)
however on the network settings which shows the port numbers its not pulling through the external IP and despite setting up all the port fwd etc on the new router im still not
getting any connection (internal ip/ external ip/ or using DDNS)

i had this issue with a friends system before and they called their isp who changed there setup (at £5 pm extra) from dynamic to static IP and it all pulled through and worked after
this unfortunatly isnt an option for me and my ISP is only dynamic based IP.

any help appreciated.
Virgin Media isn't a static IP - it just seldom changes as the IP is tied to your hardware. It does change occasionally however.

One thing I'd check first is the network settings of your NVR, if they were set manually (which they should be). You don't mention what ISP you moved to, but you'll probably need to alter the NVR as different ISPs use different private side subnets and sometimes a different gateway address. For instance on Virgin your NVR IP address will have been 192.168.0.xxx with a gateway of 192.168.0.1. If you're now on BT you must have an IP address for your NVR of 192.168.1.xxx (different subnet) and a gateway of 192.168.1.254. If these weren't correct, it would explain why you can't access your NVR even locally. I say this as port forwarding is not required for LAN to LAN connections on the same network.

Back