01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect ezviz is this part of Hik connect, got a text message for varification?

Rectro30

Hi

I have two Hikvisioni cameras, and have Hikconnect in use. Recently I have not been getting push notifications, but this is not what this thread is about directly. So I was looking in my phone messages and noticed I have two from EzViz. I don't recall ever having installed such a app and don't have an app installed on my phone. The text was user information verification code 3 days ago, and I had two of them.

I don a search on my phone for such a app but found no app, but did find a folder named EzvizSmart, and inside that was a log file. I opened the log file it it shows info about push notifications. I don't understand what this is, and half of the info but I see this line showing alot.

dispatch : com.hikvision.hikconnect.push.huawei.HuaweiPushClient isSupport : false

I don't own a huawei phone so whats going on, what is this have I been hacked?

Thanks,
Dan

I think EzViz changed to Hikconnect, I used to use eziviz with my Hikvision cameras but gave up as it never worked properly.

I'm just using Ezviz with my Hikvision 3 ColorVu camera, a good fast and logical app.
updates are good.
Works very well on the phone.
hikconnect is very difficult to configure and connect for me.

My problem is I dont have a Ezviz account, I have never downloaded it to my phone yet I have a EzvizSmart folder on my phone with a log file that I don't know why its there?

I had a message from Ezviz to my mobile phone giving me a verification code, sent to a number, my phone that has no account for it?>

Am I hacked or something?

Ezviz is a division of Hikvision.
For their consumer cameras.

All their divisions effectively have their own portal & App service (like Hik-Connect).
They are intended to be distinct e.g. there is one *intended* for the hardware that you are using.
But, there is some level of interchangeability.

This also links in with the url that you enter in Platform Access to reach the Hikvision server / portal / App.

Back