01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Face Detection missing

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Just a quick post because this one caught me out earlier today (and I should have thought of this straight away!).

A customer complained that he had two EasyIP 3.0 cameras; same model; same network; both wired; both purchased from us - but one had the Smart detection features (in particular he wanted to use face detection), but the other did not.

He could see that even their serial numbers were close.

I had him update to the latest firmware, but it wasn't that.

Quite simply, he had enabled the h.265+ CODEC on one and not the other, when you enable that most advanced CODEC it needs a good deal of the camera's processing capability, so Hikvision disable some other features - such as the smart detection capabilities - they clearly warn this as you enable the h.265+ CODEC:

1549902820364.png

In text, for searchers:
Compared to H.265, H.265+ reduces storage by up to 50% with the same maximum bitrate in most scenes.
Notes:
1. Upgrade your video player to the latest version if live view or playback does not work properly due to compatibility.
2. If H.265+ is enabled, certain functions such as Three Streams, ROI, SVC, Main Stream Smoothing are not supported. For Smart Event, only Intrusion Detection, Line Crossing Detection and Scene Change Detection are supported. Only certain models support Scene Change Detection.
Reboot now?

This EasyIP 3.0 camera (actually a 2455 cube, but could be any in the range) with h.265+ enabled:
(limited Smarts available)

1549903015006.png

Without h.265+ enabled:
(all Smarts available)

1549903075569.png

Hope that helps ...

Back