01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Failed to get Stream HCNetSDK.dll[2] error in IVMS-4200

hikvision123

Hi
I have got an odd error in IVMS-4200 and was wondering if anyone else has the same error or any ideas where I can look.

I have a DS-2CD2325FWD-I connected to a DS-7332HGHI-SH. I can use live view from the web interface on the NVR but when I connect IVMS-4200 to the NVR and view the video, I get IP Camera1 Failed to get stream, start reconnection. Error code HCNetSDK.dll[2](Not permission. The registered user has no permission for the operation).

I have tried factory reset of the camera. Changing usernames of the camera to match the NVR but nothing seems to work. The firmware of the NVR has not been updated for a bit and so I have downgraded the camera to 5.5.0 but still I have the same error. I am assuming I have missed something quite obvious but I can not work out what it is.

Ian

Hikvision PTZ cameras
I would recommend that you update to the latest version of everything (firmware and software - check the portal), then try again.
Camera
NVR
iVMS-4200

Hi Phil
Did the upgrade but it made no difference but then I reviewed the user that IVMS used to connect and I must have missed one of the REMOTE permissions it needed. Added this and it instantly worked. Thanks for the advice.
Ian

Back