01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Failed to search the video. Error Code:380070

JT_Singh

Hello there - I have setup Hik-Connect app on my android phone and have logged in via the Hik-connect account.

I get the push notifications on the smart events I have configured. However if I click on alert and trying seeing the playback embedded in the alert, it gives me a error
Code:
Failed to search the video. Error Code:380070
Can someone help sort this for me? Currently the alerts are rendered useless if I can't view what was it for...

@JT_Singh You are going around in circles! You maybe need to start afresh and set up the system properly with regard to the network and Hik Connect. Unfortunately it's not something where you can pick which bits to do and which to leave and hope for the best - there will be issues as you've experienced, whether that's failure to connect, failure to receive notifications, poor live view or playback. Most of the issues I see on this forum are with people using UPnP/NAT. With it set up correctly you should have no such issues. For now, if you have a local monitor/TV connected to the NVR use that - forget about using iVMS-4200 until everything else is working the way you want. My advice would be as follows and in the example below the configuration is being completed using the NVR menu with locally connected monitor and mouse. It can be completed with a web browser but the menu layout will be different and at times you'd lose connection while changing ports etc:

1. Temporarily disable Hik-Connect in the NVR. Network > Advanced > Platform Access and on your phone, sign out on your Hik-Connect app. (as you're making changes it makes sense to temporarily take it offline)
  2. NVR. Network > TCP/IP. Ensure the Enable DHCP box is unchecked and that you have a static IP address and relevant details entered to suit your local network. Using mine as an example (Virgin Media): IP-192.168.0.250, Subnet-255.255.255.0, Gateway-192.168.0.1, Preferred DNS- 8.8.8.8, Alternate DNS-8.8.4.4. (it's important when using port forwarding to use a static IP address. The DNS addresses are those preferred when using Hik Connect.
  3. NVR. Network > NAT. Ensure the Enable box is unchecked/disabled (having this enabled when also using port forwarding causes issues)
  4. NVR. Network > NTP. Enable, Interval 60, Server-uk.pool.ntp.org, Port-123 (keeps your NVR time and all of the connected cameras synchronised)
  5. NVR. Network > Advanced > More Settings. Change the default HTTP, Server and RTSP ports - example HTTP-49000, Server-49001, RTSP-49002. (the default ports are well known and should be changed if using port forwarding to eliminate/reduce illegal access attempts)
  6. ROUTER. Access your routers config page, find the port forwarding section and set up a rule/rules to forward (using the example above - modify as required to suit your ports and IP address) TCP ports 49000, 49001, 49002 to 192.168.0.250 (your model of router will affect how you do this - some routers will allow you to create one rule as a range of ports where others will require one rule per port or the creation of a custom service)
  7. Prove your port forwarding works. On a device connected to your network, go to whatsmyip.org > Port Scanners > Custom Port Test. Enter the first port and click scan port - You should see "port 49000 is open" repeat for the other ports. If it fails - fix your port forwarding in the router.
  8. NVR. Network > Advanced > Platform Access. Re enable Hik Connect. Reboot the NVR if it doesn't go back to online.
  9. PHONE. Log back into your Hik Connect app.
  10. PHONE. In Hik Connect to the right of your site click the settings icon > Configure DDNS. Port Mapping Mode-Manual, Server Port-49001, HTTP Port-49000 (or whatever port numbers you used), User Name-admin, Password-your NVR Admin password
That should be it and the end of your issues - get stuck into another bottle of Whisky ;)

Last edited:
@JT_Singh You are going around in circles! You maybe need to start afresh and set up the system properly with regard to the network and Hik Connect. Unfortunately it's not something where you can pick which bits to do and which to leave and hope for the best - there will be issues as you've experienced, whether that's failure to connect, failure to receive notifications, poor live view or playback. Most of the issues I see on this forum are with people using UPnP/NAT. With it set up correctly you should have no such issues. For now, if you have a local monitor/TV connected to the NVR use that - forget about using iVMS-4200 until everything else is working the way you want. My advice would be as follows and in the example below the configuration is being completed using the NVR menu with locally connected monitor and mouse. It can be completed with a web browser but the menu layout will be different and at times you'd lose connection while changing ports etc:

1. Temporarily disable Hik-Connect in the NVR. Network > Advanced > Platform Access and on your phone, sign out on your Hik-Connect app. (as you're making changes it makes sense to temporarily take it offline)
  2. NVR. Network > TCP/IP. Ensure the Enable DHCP box is unchecked and that you have a static IP address and relevant details entered to suit your local network. Using mine as an example (Virgin Media): IP-192.168.0.250, Subnet-255.255.255.0, Gateway-192.168.0.1, Preferred DNS- 8.8.8.8, Alternate DNS-8.8.4.4. (it's important when using port forwarding to use a static IP address. The DNS addresses are those preferred when using Hik Connect.
  3. NVR. Network > NAT. Ensure the Enable box is unchecked/disabled (having this enabled when also using port forwarding causes issues)
  4. NVR. Network > NTP. Enable, Interval 60, Server-uk.pool.ntp.org, Port-123 (keeps your NVR time and all of the connected cameras synchronised)
  5. NVR. Network > Advanced > More Settings. Change the default HTTP, Server and RTSP ports - example HTTP-49000, Server-49001, RTSP-49002. (the default ports are well known and should be changed if using port forwarding to eliminate/reduce illegal access attempts)
  6. ROUTER. Access your routers config page, find the port forwarding section and set up a rule/rules to forward (using the example above - modify as required to suit your ports and IP address) TCP ports 49000, 49001, 49002 to 192.168.0.250 (your model of router will affect how you do this - some routers will allow you to create one rule as a range of ports where others will require one rule per port or the creation of a custom service)
  7. Prove your port forwarding works. On a device connected to your network, go to whatsmyip.org > Port Scanners > Custom Port Test. Enter the first port and click scan port - You should see "port 49000 is open" repeat for the other ports. If it fails - fix your port forwarding in the router.
  8. NVR. Network > Advanced > Platform Access. Re enable Hik Connect. Reboot the NVR if it doesn't go back to online.
  10. PHONE. In Hik Connect to the right of your site click the settings icon > Configure DDNS. Port Mapping Mode-Manual, Server Port-49001, HTTP Port-49000 (or whatever port numbers you used), User Name-admin, Password-your NVR Admin password
That should be it and the end of your issues - get stuck into another bottle of Whisky ;)
thanks a ton mate for the detailed instructions. Before I take the plunge do you reckon I should upgrade my NVR firmware to the latest ones on the UK Portal?

NVR-DS-7616NI-K2/16P- currently on V3.4.101_build180904 but the latest available is V4.30.011 build200803 EUI not sure what is EUI?! I remember you mentioned don't upgrade to version 4.... if that's the case should I upgrade to 3.4.112 in the list below?
1607515456092.png

I can't access my camera web access page anymore as I can't see the links for them under camera management option. The links have disappeared - which may be one of the other things which have been messed up. So can't upgrade their firmware, but can do it later perhaps?!

3.4.112 is the latest version of the version 3 firmware and so the interface will look the same as it does currently. The 4.30.011 is the new version 4 interface which will look completely different. Some have had issues with it. Even if you're going to upgrade to the newest version 4 - you should first upgrade to 3.4.112. Dan put up a post some time ago explaining that many of those having issues with version 4 had jumped directly to it.

Ok - I am too on Virgin Media 200 mbps connection, and have successfully done all the steps until 8 :confused:

I re-enabled the Hik-connect on NVR. It is still offline. Have already restarted the NVR twice... see below.
1607521148626.png

Jump forward and complete steps 9 & 10.

Then at Platform Access - disable and apply, then enable and apply. See if that works. If not...

Tick the custom box and make it litedev.eu.hik-connect.com then then try disabling and enabling after changing that.

Jump forward and complete steps 9 & 10.

Then at Platform Access - disable and apply, then enable and apply. See if that works. If not...

Tick the custom box and make it litedev.eu.hik-connect.com then then try disabling and enabling after changing that.
So as a part of the first step and I had also deleted the NVR from the Hik-connect account to ensure I am starting from the very beginning.

1. So I logged into Hik-Connect app
  2. Scanned the QR code
  3. It ask if the device is connected to router /modem (strange as I never had this asked before)
  4. I clicked yes, it tried connecting to it and then gave a network failed error

So as a part of the first step and I had also deleted the NVR from the Hik-connect account to ensure I am starting from the very beginning.
Oops! You see I wouldn't have done that as it was unnecessary. That's the reason your screenshot was showing "the device hasn't been bound" - you deleted it and so it's no longer linked to a Hik Connect account.

Oops! You see I wouldn't have done that as it was unnecessary. That's the reason your screenshot was showing "the device hasn't been bound" - you deleted it and so it's no longer linked to a Hik Connect account.
I think I realised it - I messed up (FFS!)........ Any way to fix this....I feel so close to getting this sorted....but then....(hitting my head on the wall!)

Surely there can be a way to add this device again to the account as a new add?! Or I am just stuck in denial that this can't be the end for it.

I think I realised it - I messed up (FFS!)........ Any way to fix this....I feel so close to getting this sorted....but then....(hitting my head on the wall!)
Yeah I gave you steps 1 - 9 and you had to add a step 1.5!

Good news and bad news time.

Good news is there will be no issues adding the NVR to the Hik Connect app. You're on VM so you can easily add it to the app using its IP address and not have to worry about even logging into the Hik Connect service or having the NVR online to the Hik Connect service.

The bad news is that unless you manage to successfully re link the NVR to your Hik Connect account - you won't get push notifications to your phone which is one of the things you wanted.

What I wouldn't do is go back on any of what you've done to this point.

The bad news is that unless you manage to successfully re link the NVR to your Hik Connect account - you won't get push notifications to your phone which is one of the things you wanted.
But how do I manage to successfully re link the NVR to the HikConnect account? What should I try? Otherwise it won't re link the NVR ever on its own...

All I can suggest is that you go to the Hik Connect website, log into your account there and try to add it by serial number if you're struggling to do it with the app. There are several guides on here already that tell you how to do that. I don't know how you left it - you deleted it in the app but it might still be associated with your account.

All I can suggest is that you go to the Hik Connect website, log into your account there and try to add it by serial number if you're struggling to do it with the app. There are several guides on here already that tell you how to do that. I don't know how you left it - you deleted it in the app but it might still be associated with your account.
Adding the serial number on the device management page on hik-connect.com doesn't work as it says the device is offline.

Looking it from the SADP tool, it shows Hik-Connect status as ON. Should I unbind the device and then try adding it?
1607529018469.png

No harm trying - though I'd probably do it from the NVR if possible. I honestly don't use Hik Connect much - at least not using the Hik Connect service. I use it for my own system since I have alarms and it's handy getting the notifications on my phone (and Apple Watch).

For customers I usually add their systems to the app using the IP address if they're on Virgin media. If they're with any other provider I assign them a DYN DNS domain and configure their router to update the domain name as the IP address changes. I don't use the Hik Connect service for them because it's a pain if something goes down that I have no control over. It's bad enough that I get called every time someone resets, replaces their router or decides to buy the latest phone and can't understand why their unconfigured phone app isn't aware of their CCTV system!

No harm trying - though I'd probably do it from the NVR if possible. I honestly don't use Hik Connect much - at least not using the Hik Connect service. I use it for my own system since I have alarms and it's handy getting the notifications on my phone (and Apple Watch).

For customers I usually add their systems to the app using the IP address if they're on Virgin media. If they're with any other provider I assign them a DYN DNS domain and configure their router to update the domain name as the IP address changes. I don't use the Hik Connect service for them because it's a pain if something goes down that I have no control over. It's bad enough that I get called every time someone resets, replaces their router or decides to buy the latest phone and can't understand why their unconfigured phone app isn't aware of their CCTV system!
If you don't use Hik-connect, how do you get push notifications? I just want push notifications on my phone so that I can check the alerts. That's what all I need to be honest.

If you don't use Hik-connect, how do you get push notifications? I just want push notifications on my phone so that I can check the alerts. That's what all I need to be honest.
As I said I use it only for my home system. I have my families system added into the app by IP address (Virgin Media) and it's rare a customer wants push notifications so I'll only use the service if they request it. However if I ever do, they need to understand that as I've no control over that service, they're on their own if theres an issue with that. There are too many posts on here where the service has stopped working for them randomly or after a particular firmware update. Unless notifications are a must systems are not registered to Hik Connect - far more reliable.

okay........ I managed to get the Hik-Connect status online via the web browser. Tried my luck as mentioned in this thread Hik-Connect - Hik-Connect Offline Issue with my DS-7732-I4(B) NVR after updating to V4.40.016 firmware?

On the NVR it does show online and shows the device has been bound. I added the device on the app and it has added successfully and I can also see it online when I log into the hik-connect.com

I tried updating the Alias name of the Device via the Hik-Connect app and it gave an error - something which was happening before and I guess it related to any firmware above 3.4.104 (Hik-Connect - Hik-Connect App Issues - Edit Device Name). Even configuring DDNS is throwing an operation failed error. However I have updated the Alias Name and changed the ports - Edit>UPnP Mode as manual and then entered the HTTP and Server Port as set before (no option to set RSTP Port) on hik-connect.com.

Anything else I am missing?!

okay........ I managed to get the Hik-Connect status online via the web browser. Tried my luck as mentioned in this thread Hik-Connect - Hik-Connect Offline Issue with my DS-7732-I4(B) NVR after updating to V4.40.016 firmware?

On the NVR it does show online and shows the device has been bound. I added the device on the app and it has added successfully and I can also see it online when I log into the hik-connect.com

I tried updating the Alias name of the Device via the Hik-Connect app and it gave an error - something which was happening before and I guess it related to any firmware above 3.4.104 (Hik-Connect - Hik-Connect App Issues - Edit Device Name). Even configuring DDNS is throwing an operation failed error. However I have updated the Alias Name and changed the ports - Edit>UPnP Mode as manual and then entered the HTTP and Server Port as set before (no option to set RSTP Port) on hik-connect.com.

Anything else I am missing?!

I have also had the issue with the alias not updating when I had a K series. Correct - there is only the server and http port numbers to change in the Configure DDNS section of the app, that's fine.

Back