01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Finding out the IP address of unbranded cameras

barreta

Hello everyone. Sorry if this has been asked many times before but I'm a novice to this cctv stuff (but i'm keen to learn). I have 4 unbranded cameras and I'm trying to find out their IP addresses. I have connected them to a PoE switch which is also connected to our office network (192.168.10.x) and I have been using SADP tool from HIKVISION to try and see what the IP addresses are. No joy even after clicking Refresh multiple times. They may have reset to factory settings, we installed a new NVR with 16 PoE ports and they might be connected to one of these ports which offers 10.151.151.x, either way I don't know. I've googled cameras and they look like cameras from Novell but not sure - is there something I can install or look at (Router) where I can see the IP addresses in order to connect and reconfigure? Appreciate any help people can give me.

Your router should have a web config page which shows which devices are connected to it. There may be several you don't recognise so it will be trial and error. There are also free network scanning utilities you can download.

It may be easier if you connect your cameras directly to a PC.

Back