01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Firmware 5.5.154 201010 for my DS-2CD2186G2-ISU?

I got two DS-2CD2186G2-ISU a while ago and have them connected to my Hikvision NVR together with a few other cameras.
I've had trouble getting the motion detection working properly, they often miss pre recording and stops early (while there still is motion in the picture). I've tried a million settings but no luck. The other cameras I have works just fine.
I noticed now that this model is discontinued a will not receive fw updates. The latest available version seems to be the one they shipped with, 5.5.154.
Since I upgraded them first thing after installing, I suspect the issues might be related to firmware.
I would like to go back, however, the original version is nowhere to be found.

Please, can someone help me out here?

I got two DS-2CD2186G2-ISU a while ago and have them connected to my Hikvision NVR together with a few other cameras.
I've had trouble getting the motion detection working properly, they often miss pre recording and stops early (while there still is motion in the picture). I've tried a million settings but no luck. The other cameras I have works just fine.
I noticed now that this model is discontinued a will not receive fw updates. The latest available version seems to be the one they shipped with, 5.5.154.
Since I upgraded them first thing after installing, I suspect the issues might be related to firmware.
I would like to go back, however, the original version is nowhere to be found.

Please, can someone help me out here?
I don't recognise the firmware that you say it shipped with. However the firmware for the G2 models (which run G3 firmware), both old and new is available on the EU portal (link below to the product specific page) with the latest firmware being 5.5.160_build210416. I'd be reluctant to downgrade the firmware as you may reintroduce bugs that the newer firmware fixed. My advice would be load the latest version. If you continue to have issues, factory default the camera and reprogram it from scratch in case anything has become corrupt.

What bothers me is this Excel stating that the only available firmware for my particular model is said 5.5.154 which is nowhere to find... Is this model compatible with this firmware version only?
To be honest I have not factory reset the cameras lately, I'll try that to see if it solves the problem. However, I've had this problem since the start. As I upgraded them first thing I did when I got them I don't know if this issue was present in the initial firmware.

Attachments

• G3G5-model-version-correspondence-table.xlsx
    530.1 KB · Views: 289
What bothers me is this Excel stating that the only available firmware for my particular model is said 5.5.154 which is nowhere to find... Is this model compatible with this firmware version only?
To be honest I have not factory reset the cameras lately, I'll try that to see if it solves the problem. However, I've had this problem since the start. As I upgraded them first thing I did when I got them I don't know if this issue was present in the initial firmware.
First you need to confirm which model you have. The DS-2CD2186G2-ISU uses G3 firmware, the DS-2CD2186G2-ISU(C) is the newer model that uses G5 firmware. The link I posted was to the G3 firmware page but if you click up a level on the resulting page you'll see the link to the G5 firmware models. The spreadsheets while useful, rarely keep up with the new versions when they are released on the portal.

My advice would be to double check whether yours is a non (C) G3 firmware model or (C) G5 model, then update it with the latest firmware from the portal. If after that you're still having issues try a factory default of the camera.

I have the now discontinued G3 non C version.
I'm allready on the latest available firmware, V5.5.160 build 210416.

I have the now discontinued G3 non C version.
I'm allready on the latest available firmware, V5.5.160 build 210416.
Just to confirm then - how is your recording schedule set? Are you recording on motion only - with pre and post motion added, or are you recording 24/7 with motion enabled? If it's the latter you should switch pre motion OFF as that can cause the video to freeze mid motion during playback, then skip forward to a point when the motion had ended. Pre motion is not needed there as the video is being recorded by the schedule, but by default it is set to 5 seconds. If you go to Storage > Storage Schedule > Advanced and set pre record to 0 seconds/no pre record then OK it and Save. Repeat for each camera.

Good news! Thanks a lot.
In general, is the UK site the best source for firmware? Currently, as I am aware, it's the only place where this firmware version is available.

Hi @PerssonFredrik

Unfortunately, Hikvision is not consistent with where the latest firmware is released. At the moment, with most models, the latest firmware can be found on the product page at the Hikvision UK website, but it is also worth checking the UK and EU download portals as both of these can sometimes have newer firmware releases.

Back