01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

firmware anpr camera DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS issues and DS-7716NI-I4 running V4.50.000_210125

nwgreplica

hello, i having some problems with the DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS running firmware 5.4.5_170302. its a non /p model.
the problem is that i have to reboot the camera every 2 or 3 days because it's stops recording the numberplates. after the reboot it works fine for a day or 3.
now is my question are there newer firmwares? on the uk site from hikvision i found this version : 5.4.5_201026_CAR. at the location:
  1. Home » portal » Technical Materials » 00 Network Camera » 00 Product Firmware » ANPR(DS-2CD4xxxx)
but when i updated to this version the anpr function was gone, after downgrade is was working again.

a other question is that i have a DS-7716NI-I4 running firmware V4.50.000_210125 and the problem is that the local alarm linkage dont work!!
i have 2 anpr camera's and 4 cameras with face detection (not face recon).
vca is enabled, but i cant get it to work. i tried al kind of options but no succes.
anpr is working and face detection is also working but the local gui dont get a trigger on the anpr or face capture.
the image below i just an example of what i want to see in local gui.

thanks for the info.

1616243457456.png

Hi @nwgreplica

The firmware you have found is actually from the EU portal and for the /P models. (not your fault, Hikvision do not make it clear)

You will find a similar firmware version for the non-/P models at the UK portal under this folder - portal » Product Firmware » Hikvision » ANPR » 4 Line » Non P version firmware

In regards to the GUI onscreen pop-ups, have you ticked "Full Screen Monitoring" in the Linkage action for the face detection smart event?

Upvote 0
Hi @nwgreplica

The firmware you have found is actually from the EU portal and for the /P models. (not your fault, Hikvision do not make it clear)

You will find a similar firmware version for the non-/P models at the UK portal under this folder - portal » Product Firmware » Hikvision » ANPR » 4 Line » Non P version firmware

In regards to the GUI onscreen pop-ups, have you ticked "Full Screen Monitoring" in the Linkage action for the face detection smart event?

i have one last issue with the anpr camera: i got 2 anpr camera's both the same model DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS. one camera works fine. the other i have to reboot every 2 or 3 days because it stops recording the plates. after a reboot it works fine.

could it be a problem of the length? the camera that works fine is connected to a 1 gb switch with a lan cable of 5 meters and then the signal goes from the switch over a longspan converter (dsl signal) to bridge the distance of 300 meters. then the signal is converted back to lan and connect to a switch who's connected to the nvr. again no problems with this camera.

the camera i have to rest every 2 / 3 days is connected to a 1 gb switch with a 5 meter lan cable. then from the switch there goes a lan cable to the switch at the nvr, the lan cable from the switch at the camera side to the nvr switch has a lenght of about 60 70 meter.
could the distance be the problem? and using a beter lan cable fix the problem (cat6 or higher?)
it looks to me like a timing/signal problem. with the images of the camera there is no issue, only the anpr functionality.
when i log in to the camera and i go to the realtime lpr option i can see when the last plate is captured. after a reboot from the camera in the mainternance section it works again for a few days.

thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi @nwgreplica

The maximum distance for a single run of network cable is 100m, so I would expect distance to be an issue.

Did you do any setup on the NVR before connecting the switch to the PoE ports on the NVR? Is the ANPR camera the only camera connected to the NVR on that separate PoE switch?

Upvote 0
Hi @nwgreplica

The maximum distance for a single run of network cable is 100m, so I would expect distance to be an issue.

Did you do any setup on the NVR before connecting the switch to the PoE ports on the NVR? Is the ANPR camera the only camera connected to the NVR on that separate PoE switch?
the nvr dont have poE ports. the camera is directly connected to a 1 gb poe switch a the camera side.
then the signal goes from the poe switch at the camera side to the switch at the nvr side. the connection between the switches is a non-poE 1gbit connection.

on the poE switch are 3 camera's connected, the max poE rating of the switch is a Tp-Link Tl-Sg1005P with 15,4 wat for each port.
hmm just read the specs poe usage max of this camera.
-IZHS/P: 12 VDC, max. 14.5 W, 1.3 A; PoE, max. 19.2 W, 0.3 A to 0.5 A
so could be a bit to low on the poE power supply.

if i drop the speed between the switches to 100mbit, the signal would be more stable at this distance? i believe at 100mbit 300 meter should be possible.

camera's just working fine, no problem with image quality, only that anpr stops functioning after some time.

thanks

Upvote 0
You said the ANPR camera that works ok is plugged into a separate PoE switch, is that PoE switch the same model as the one that the problem camera is connected to?

Upvote 0
You said the ANPR camera that works ok is plugged into a separate PoE switch, is that PoE switch the same model as the one that the problem camera is connected to?
yes, same model switch, the only different between the 2 camera's is that the one that works correct dont use the infrared at night (daytime setings 24h) the other camera with the issue switch from day to night settings, so maybe with the ir on to much power draw?
stil thinking about distance problem.

but im going to check some things out: try poweradapter in stead of poE power. testing with other lancable (cat6), try lower lanspeed between the to switches (100mb instead the 1 gbit).

again dan thanks for the support on this problem. the support on this forum is much better than the support from hikvison.

greetings

nwgreplica

Upvote 0
Some of my HikVision ANPR cameras exhibit the same behavior (camera keeps working/recording but the ANPR plate collection completely stops).

I have a site with 4 ANPR cameras on 4 different PoE switches:
2x DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P V5.4.5 170731
1x DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZSWG/P V5.4.5 171017
1x DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS V5.6.10 191023

Both DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P worked for well over a year without any issues then suddenly one day one started having this issue, sometimes after 2 or 3 days, sometimes a week but eventually the ANPR stops. Then a few weeks later the same thing with the other one. Given that they always worked o.k. in the past in the same locations with the same PoE switches I put it down to faulty cameras/firmware.

I have never been able to find any newer firmware that will load on the 2 problem cameras so I just live with it - I have a daily process that automatically reboots the cameras via ISAPI in the day and I live with the fact that they are rebooting/offline for a couple of minutes each day.

Upvote 0
Some of my HikVision ANPR cameras exhibit the same behavior (camera keeps working/recording but the ANPR plate collection completely stops).

I have a site with 4 ANPR cameras on 4 different PoE switches:
2x DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P V5.4.5 170731
1x DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZSWG/P V5.4.5 171017
1x DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS V5.6.10 191023

Both DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P worked for well over a year without any issues then suddenly one day one started having this issue, sometimes after 2 or 3 days, sometimes a week but eventually the ANPR stops. Then a few weeks later the same thing with the other one. Given that they always worked o.k. in the past in the same locations with the same PoE switches I put it down to faulty cameras/firmware.

I have never been able to find any newer firmware that will load on the 2 problem cameras so I just live with it - I have a daily process that automatically reboots the cameras via ISAPI in the day and I live with the fact that they are rebooting/offline for a couple of minutes each day.
Hi All.
I'm having an identical problem with my DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS camera that has recently needed re-booting every few days or so because the number plate logging stops. The camera has been in operation since Jan 2021 and has performed perfectly until about two months ago. It's connected to a good quality POE switch with ample current to power it over the 20 metre cable run. This camera works independently from my NVR so I log into it from the web browser.
It records continuous video at all times onto its internal SD card but every few days it stops logging number plates which I notice when I check the 'Real Time LPR' tab and see that it has stopped adding plates to the 'last 20 list'. I then have to re-boot the camera to get the number plate logging working again.
The firmware is V5.4.5 Build 201106 which I understand is the most up to date for this model, or is there a newer version?
Has anyone found a successful solution to this issue?
Would re-installing the firmware fix this problem?

Thanks in anticipation.
Robbob.
London. UK.

Upvote 0
@Robbob all of my DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS (R3 firmware) cameras exhibited this ANPR stopping problem. I never found a solution or any newer firmware that would apply on these cameras hence why as per my earlier post added an automated script to reboot them once per day to workaround the problem.

I have a couple of newer DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS (H3 firmware) currently on firmware V5.6.11 build 210108 which (so far after a year-ish) have never exhibited the ANPR stopping issue. So I do not have to reboot those ones.

Upvote 0
@Robbob all of my DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS (R3 firmware) cameras exhibited this ANPR stopping problem. I never found a solution or any newer firmware that would apply on these cameras hence why as per my earlier post added an automated script to reboot them once per day to workaround the problem.

I have a couple of newer DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS (H3 firmware) currently on firmware V5.6.11 build 210108 which (so far after a year-ish) have never exhibited the ANPR stopping issue. So I do not have to reboot those ones.
Hi codlord.
Thanks for the response. I did note from your thread that you had a workaround with a custom script to perform a daily reboot but that is way above my level of experience.
I may just try re-installing the current firmware and seeing if that rectifies it. Frankly I can see no reason why all would be fine for over a year and then the
problem starts, particularly as none of the operating parameters have changed.
Thanks again.
Robbob.

Upvote 0
@Robbob a scripted restart can be as simple as enable basic authentication:

System -> Security -> Authentication
Set WEB Authentication to "digest/basic"

Then go to or call this URL (e.g. using Curl tool or shortcut etc):

http://admin:password_here@camera_ip_here/ISAPI/System/reboot

NOTE: the smiley face should be @ - the forum makes an "@" followed by "p" into the emoji

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi codlord, I appreciate your response and suggestion but unfortunately I don't appear to have an option of 'WEB authentication' (see screen grab) so I can't really move forward with your suggestion even if I knew what the rest of your instructions involved.
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this :-(
Robbob.

Attachments

• Config Tab.jpg
    Config Tab.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Back