01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware - DS-2CD2E20F - 2 MP CMOS Network Dome Camera

lvlatty

Hi All,

Does anyone know the correct firmware required to upgrade the above from V5.3.0 build 151016.... I downloaded the file from the product page download link: DS-2CD2E20F-Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

When extracting the notes stipulate the following:

****** IMPORTANT - MUST READ and FOLLOW ******

Please check your current device firmware version before upgrade:

Scenario 1- If the version falls into the range from V5.2.0 build 140721 to V5.4.0 Build 160530, you need a 2-step ugrade process. Note, if the step was skipped, your device may fail to operate normally.

1) update to V5.4.41 build 170310 FIRST, reboot
2) update to v5.4.5 Build 170123, reboot

Scenario 2 - If your firmware is newer than V5.4.0 Build 160530, you can upgrade to V5.4.5 Build 170123 directly.

For HiDDNS user:

Please note, if you're using HiDDNS service connected directly to this IP camera, please upgrade to v5.4.41 build 170310 only. Starting v5.4.5 Build 170123, HiDDNS service is no longer supported but Hik-Connect.

Closest I could find is the following link: Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd. but doesn't seem to reference my specific hardware...

Any chance of any pointers?

Cheers,

Matt

It's best to use HikVision's European download portal
Select Product Firmware
Select Front Ends for cameras / Back Ends for NVRs
Select IPC (IP Camera) for standard fixed cameras
If you don't know what series or family your camera belongs in, scroll to the bottom of the list and download their spreadsheet entitled List of IPC (NB I'm afraid it's not fully up to date - currently dated at 31st August 2016)
This shows that your camera is from the R2 Family
You can download the latest firmware for that family from the portal - here
(check the release notes as you progress - they recommend that you step through each update)

Hey Phil,

I spotted that earlier but was a little concerned that none of the release notes contained my specific camera model number in them. Do you think it will just work?

Cheers,

Matt

Yes.
The camera will throw an error (and not proceed) if you try to upgrade with the wrong firmware.

Hello @ all,

i have the same cam DS-2CD2e20F-W with firmware 5.4.3 from china with ML. If I try to load an update 5.4.41 or 5.4.5 i get evry time error message, " update could not load". any ideas?

Sorry, we have no experience with products running Chinese firmware, so can't really advise.
Make sure you follow closely and carefully our nine-step guide to updating Hikvision firmware.
Make sure you are selecting the correct firmware for your camera model.

Back