01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Firmware issues with Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1

jlikonen

Hi,

I decided to upgrade the firmware to the latest version for my DS-KD8003-IME1. I downloaded the latest firmware from HIKVISION UK PORTAL.

Before upgrading the firmware I exported the configuration file. Upgrade went fine and after reboot I noticed that my Hikvision card reader didn't wok anymore. Then I decided import the configuration file but I got errors which are perhaps due to changes in the data structure. I then wanted to go back to the previous firmware version. Downgrading seemed to go fine but rebooting seemed to take lot longer time than I expected so I closed the iVMS4200 window (v. 3.4.0.10). This was perhaps a big mistake because now the KD8003 unit is offline and user is locked. I can't do factory reset under iVMS because when I click on Remote configuration button in Maintenance and Management window I get a message saying that the device is offline. I have tried to delete the device and add it again but this doesn't help. I have also tried to use Hikvision Batch Configuration tool but still no luck. Any ideas? Is my unit a brick now?

Hi,

I have made some progress with this issue. I got a password reset file from Hikvision and managed to unlock the KD8003 unit. I updated to the latest firmware (2.2.3). After this I imported an old configuration file and old PIN code worked but none of my cards. I am now having problems when trying to add new cards. When I click on the big + sign on the edit person page, a new window opens up. I have then clicked on the Read button and tapped the card on the reader but nothing happens. I remember that when I added new cards for the first time reading didn't take that long and once the reader had read the card properly, a number appeared on the Card No. box. This doesn't seemt o happen now. The card reader has firmware v 1.0. This is getting very frustrating. Any ideas?

Answering to my own questions. Making some progress but annoyingly slowly. I used the master card to register a normal card. When I tapped the master kard on the card reader I heard a double beep. After this I tapped a normal card and heard a single beep. Finally I tapped the master card and heard a double beep. I noticed that there was a new person created in iVMS. Now when I tried to tap the registered normal card on the reader nothing happens and the door lock is not opened. It seems that the card reader is working but for some reason the card reader is not controlling the lock. The system was working fine before I started to upgrade the FW (I know I shouldn't have done this). VERY ANNOYING!

That's strange , it works here , running same firmware... Allthough i did s factory reset after the upgrade, it's also mentioned todo that after upgrading to 2.2.3

I don't know why 2.2.3 didn't work in my case. I have three KD8003 units and I had to downgrade each unit and one of them I had to sent to Hikvision agent for resetting the unit. It could be that the FW 2.2.3 I downloaded was not the right one. I have read that there have been issues with this version.

Hmm, strange, i don't have issues with it on 2.2.3

Yeah, somewhat strange. My units were manufactured in 2019 with hardware version 0x1101. I don't know if this caused all the problems. I also tried to do factory reset but all my units were offline under iVMS (updated to latest version). I also got the password reset file from Hikvision after downgrading but it didn't work for one of the units. I don't want to mess up with the units any more, too much trouble.

who do you contact a hikvision to get support? if i send a mail , i always get feedback that i am not allowed to ask questions , and need to contact the supplier

Ok, wroted something back, cause I didn't receive a notification on private post :)

Download hikvision batch configuration program. Open program, add the ds-kd8003 device. Open setting for it (little cog wheel). Select system, then RS485. Working mode - cardreader.

Answering to my own questions. Making some progress but annoyingly slowly. I used the master card to register a normal card. When I tapped the master kard on the card reader I heard a double beep. After this I tapped a normal card and heard a single beep. Finally I tapped the master card and heard a double beep. I noticed that there was a new person created in iVMS. Now when I tried to tap the registered normal card on the reader nothing happens and the door lock is not opened. It seems that the card reader is working but for some reason the card reader is not controlling the lock. The system was working fine before I started to upgrade the FW (I know I shouldn't have done this). VERY ANNOYING!
Is it possible to get your contact at hikvision coz I'am having the same issue. I need to reset the password of my device.. thanks

I don't know why 2.2.3 didn't work in my case. I have three KD8003 units and I had to downgrade each unit and one of them I had to sent to Hikvision agent for resetting the unit. It could be that the FW 2.2.3 I downloaded was not the right one. I have read that there have been issues with this version.
How did you downgrade? Only upload older FW version or different way? Thank you for information

downgrading from 2.2.50 is not possible anymore, even not with serial

Hi,

Had the same issue. Wanted to downgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.0.8. After this no password is accepted anymore. Sadly I don't have info of purchase and the devices are already installed here at my place from the previous owner. I've send an email to Europe Support but it seems they want to know the installer that sadly I don't know. Is there any way to get my KD8003 reseted?

If you are on 2.2.50, don't think it's possible... But why you want to downgrade? This FW is stable... I don't have issues with ith

Hi,

Had the same issue. Wanted to downgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.0.8. After this no password is accepted anymore. Sadly I don't have info of purchase and the devices are already installed here at my place from the previous owner. I've send an email to Europe Support but it seems they want to know the installer that sadly I don't know. Is there any way to get my KD8003 reseted?
I also didn't downgrade. But I set both door unit and indoor display to factory setting (via WMS tool in PC). And started configuration as new devices... Now both work good

The problem is that as I wrote above... I downgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.0.8 as my camera was most of the time offline and hikconnect stopped working. The point is that to add it now or enter to do any configuration requests admin password... Anything I put it won't accept it and NO ONE from hikvision is willing to help me as everyone ask me from where I got the cameras else they won't help. What crazy support strategy is that? Never seen something like this... Is any possible way to find a workaround from this email chaos? No joke I have more than 30 mails from different dealers sending me the one to the other and at the end "please contact your supplier"... that's insane! So pitty cause at the end the camera is useless and they want to force me to buy new one or what? Just because of their software bug in the downgrade?

So what is exactly your issue? Is it the admin password? You can reset those if you want?

Back