01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware upgrade of R0 platform

bignick8t3

Hi All,

I've recently purchased 3 new Colorvu cameras and did want to re-purpose my older cameras.

I run a handful of different OS' but even on Windows I can install the web components and even after a reboot the page will still ask you to install them meaning I cannot upgrade the firmware of the cameras as the file chooser won't open.

Many times in the past I have recovered "bricked" cameras using the tftp tool and the instructions I've used for years are below:
Code:
1. Rename the firmware to digcap.dav
2. Put the firmware under the same folder of this TFTP
3. Set the IP of computer as 192.0.0.128
4. Camera's IP can be anyone.
5. Run the tftpserv.exe
6. Power off and power on the DVR/DVS/IPC. The device will search the new firmware and upgrade it automatically.
7. Please wait until TFTP shows "Device [192.0.0.64] system update completed!" It takes about 5 minutes.
8. Close the TFTP before the camera reboots.
9. DVR/DVS/IPC will restart automatically after upgrading.

But all I am getting is that the file will transmit and I never get back that the "system update completed", I have left one camera for an hour and nothing.
I have also tried firmware from 5.1.2 to the latest being 5.4.5.

If I pull the power the process will start again so the bootloader each time responds to the tftp server but never seems to successfully apply the firmware.

I am reluctant to try any of the other cameras as I still have some of the R0 cameras in use as I cannot afford to upgrade them all in one hit, this all came about as I wanted to disable the infrared on this camera but the buttons were missing on every browser to apply/save the changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Follow our upgrade guide steps carefully:

Best to use Internet Explorer as an administrator:

Back