01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware v4.21issue

Bernagh

DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P

Firmware is great as every works via the browser again. One problem, consistently, on a daily basis. Two cameras out of 5 connected reboot and after the reboot they have enable motion detection and enable dynamic analysis for dynamic both set and the area being monitored set to the full image.

Turn it off, check it is turned off, within a day I get an alert that the signal has been lost (the camera has rebooted) and then notifications start for motion detection. Log back in and motion detection is back enabled.

There are 5 cameras connected to the NVR. The following 2 consistently have the issue, the other 3 have no issue.
DS-2CD2T35FWD-I5
DS-2CD2042WD-I

I have tested, rebooting the cameras individually and there is no issue with motion detection re-enabling.
Apart from going back to a 4.1.n firmware version, any suggestions to be able to keep the no plug-in video in the browser.

Are the two cameras on the latest firmware?
Was everything working correctly before you upgraded the NVR to v4.21?

DS-2CD2T35FWD-I5 v5.5.51
DS-2CD2042WD-I v5.5.5
I believe this is the latest for these models.

The issue has only started since the upgrade from NVR v4.1 to v4.2.

The other cameras are on 5.5.71, 5.4.5 and 5.4.5, they have not seen this issue.

I have now applied the firmware versions for the cameras as you suggested without any improvement.
What I have noted is that the 2 cameras with the issue are rebooting simultaneously. I have video loss email alerts set up and both cameras are dropping at the same time. 5 reboots since midnight. The motion detection is back enabled after reboot.

I see there is a new NVR version 4.21.005 in the past 2 weeks. I have not applied it yet.

Last edited:
Check the logs on the NVR. Any PoE Overload entries around when the cameras rebooted?

Thanks for the suggestion Stewart.
I am seeing a PoE power supply exception every hour.
The IP camera disconnects (with one exception (10 minutes ago), which were occurring in the log at 10 to 20 a day have stopped, coinciding with applying the .005 patch to v4.21 NVR software.

I will check again tonight when IR turns on, but PoE consumption is 18W with 102W available.

The only other anomaly I have noticed is that D2 camera, the feed for which is delivered via Devolo Ethernet over Power adapters is that it is showing as "port short circuit". If I disable PoE bonding on this camera then the camera goes off line. It is as if PoE bonding rather than just disabling PoE, is actually disabling the camera.

Back