01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Free software from ACTi?

IP often

Is the free ACTi software any good?

I spotted that ACTi are offering free software for up to 16 cameras, I guess that they make this offer to tie you in to using their cameras?

Is the software any good?

Are their cameras any good?

If the kit is OK, then surely this is a bit of a no-brainer deal-maker as it'll save users like me the cost of buying separate software!?!?!;)

I have to answer honestly and say that at the moment I just don't know:

I saw the ACTi product range at IFSEC 2008 and have been monitoring them since.

I only added them to the website yesterday to gauge whether there was any interest, and have not yet had a chance to download the software and check it out:eek:

Their camera specs look good, they offer a lot of performance for the price.
They have also been very smart with which camera forms they have decided to launch e.g. bullet camera and VR dome camera in megapixel format offers great value to end users as it is all there in one package; megapixel camera, lens, housing AND POE.

They have a full range from budget compact IP camera right up to a fully-functional speed dome.

Free recording software for up to 16 cameras is pretty exceptional - it must be reasonably good as they sell licensed versions for up to 64 cameras!?!

As you say, if the cameras & software perform reasonably well then the free software could make them a Best Value solution.

As ever, further feedback from anyone is welcomed ....

Thanks Phil, I'll keep an eye open for further feedback and news on the ACTi stuff.

Back