01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

FTP Camera With Sound Needed

sdobbie

I am looking for an IP camera with motion detection which can record sound and upload the video via FTP. Does such a thing exist?

The foscam cameras I have do have motion detection but don't record sound with the video. They are onvif compatible so if there isn't a camera that records sound on the uploaded files would an onvif nvr be a better idea?

If you are trying to achieve CCTV recordings with sound, then I'd say adding an NVR from the same manufacturer as your camera is going to be the path of least resistance.

Could you recommend an nvr which records sound as I have looked at a few and it is never mentioned anywhere.

Thank you. I see that it has 4 ethernet ports on it for the cameras but my cameras will all be plugged into an ethernet switch with only a single cable coming into the house. Will it work with that setup?

Yes, All Hikvision NVRs support adding cameras directly to the PoE ports and remotely via PoE switch/injector, you can do this in any combination (e.g. all 4 directly connected, all 4 connected to a switch and added manually to the NVR, 2 directly connected and 2 remotely connected, etc...) as long as the remote cameras are still connected to the same local network as the NVR.

Thanks for your help. Finally, will it work with my Foscam FI9803P? It has onvif.

Yes, All Hikvision NVRs support ONVIF cameras

Yes, it will record audio from each camera

Back