01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

FTP - IP Camera Image

Nottub

Hi all,
I have a Davis weather station which has been running for years now,and publishes its readings to my webpage.

On the webpage I have a web cam image showing current conditions, which uploads on a regular schedule by a program called 'Yawcam'. I have now replaced the webcam with an Hikvision IP camera and have run into a couple of issues.

1) 'Yawcam' does not recognise the RTSP streaming format so it can't connect to the camera, so that's ruled that out of uploading.

2) I can, and have uploaded images to my web host directly from the IP Camera, however the images are individually timestamped so I cant simply add a link to a .jpg file to display the latest image (I gave the Yawcam a simple name for the images it uploaded so it simply overwrote the image on the server with the latest version).

Ideally what I need is a simple program that will run on my PC that sees the image from the IP Camera and uploads it on a regular interval (say every 5 minutes) but keeps the same image name.

Are there any recommendations out there as I seem to be struggling to get the camera to fulfil a specific function.

Many thanks

Nottub

Thanks for this. If I type this into my browser with my Ip address, I get this.

Not sure if I've missed something on setup. I can log in to the cameras log in screen via this IP address, then add my log in credentials.

Do I need to specifically check a box or something to enable the streaming?

1523621380203.png

I haven’t done anything specific on the camera. Might be some variation in the URL across firmware versions.

Just a quick update.

I am currently uploading from the camera via FTP to Wunderground (a weather based website).

The advantage is that they receive the file (with its unique time stamp) modify it to a standard file name convention and publish on my weather page (not my own web site). The second advantage is that with this static filename I can link to it from my own personal website (although I haven't done this yet). Not the perfect solution, but what I does give is a 24hr upload irrespective of the computer being switched on (of course nothing to see at night).

I now need to position the camera properly and revise my webpage to change the image link.

Regards

Nottub

Last edited:
Good to hear you found a solution.
Thanks for sharing.

Back