01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

G3 AcuSense Firmware 5.5.135 - Motion Detection Issue

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
I'm not sure what's happened with the motion detection in the latest version of firmware for AcuSense G2 (G3 5.5.135) but it's been fouled up monumentally.

In earlier firmware (possibly 5.5.131), the motion detection was drawn as a polygon (rather than enabling a range of cells) but the firmware only allowed a 4 pointed shape. To cover irregular areas you would need to draw more than one (up to 4) non overlapping regions. There was an issue in this version where if you drew for example 3 small regions. When you went back to the setup screen later - region 1 would have changed itself to a full screen rectangle encompassing the other regions. Effectively overriding your region settings.

In 5.5.134 it was changed so that you could draw a multipoint shape to cover irregular areas. As stated in the release notes -

Optimize motion detection
1) Interface optimization: The rule box is optimized from quadrilateral to polygon (maximum decagon, minimum
quadrilateral, concave and convex sides are supported, cross lines are not supported); the new "Clear" button can be used to delete the selected area.

In 5.5.135 it has reverted to how it was in 5.5.131 - 4 point shapes maximum and the bug where region 1 resizes itself to full screen. In addition if you login to the camera GUI directly, you're back to selecting cells as a grid, rather than drawing a shape AND the Human Detection filter option has disappeared.

1st image is from NVR web GUI, 2nd image is from camera web GUI

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 10.52.11.png
Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 10.52.34.png

Last edited:
As can be seen in the images below - reverting to version 5.5.134 restores the multipoint region, replaces the grid with the polygon in the camera GUI and restores the Human/Vehicle filter option in the camera GUI.

1st image is from NVR web GUI, 2nd image is from camera web GUI

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 11.25.05.png
Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 11.25.51.png

Hi @JB1970

When dealing with another customers issue Hikvision UK support have confirmed to us that they have only recently been made aware by Hikvision HQ that v135 firmware was not compatible with all G2 AcuSense cameras and that customers should revert back to v134 until they can create new release notes for v135 to confirm which models it is actually compatible with.

Hi @JB1970

When dealing with another customers issue Hikvision UK support have confirmed to us that they have only recently been made aware by Hikvision HQ that v135 firmware was not compatible with all G2 AcuSense cameras and that customers should revert back to v134 until they can create new release notes for v135 to confirm which models it is actually compatible with.

Thanks Dan. I was sure I checked my models were in the release notes - I have 3 different variants of the AcuSense G2 and all had the same issue.

Anyway - as of today you can't get 5.5.135 as Hikvision have removed it from the portal - I've just checked

How can you do this that your area drawings keep intact?
DS-2CD2086G2-I AcuSense camera 5.5.131 firmware

This is what I draw using camera web GUI, then save:

After navigating in camera web GUI and returning back to motion detection section within a few seconds, this is what I get:

Seems to me it tried to convert to rectangular shape at all cost. This is webGUI of camera.

Last edited:
How can you do this that your area drawings keep intact?
DS-2CD2086G2-I AcuSense camera 5.5.124 firmware

This is what I draw using camera web GUI, then save:
View attachment 4417

After navigating in camera web GUI and returning back to motion detection section within a few seconds, this is what I get:
View attachment 4418

Seems to me it tried to convert to rectangular shape at all cost. This is webGUI of camera.

The newer firmware (V5.5.134) fixed that issue. Another issue you'll find on your version is that if you draw 3 separate non overlapping areas, they will appear to save normally, but when you go back to the GUI some time later, area 1 will have changed itself to a full screen rectangle with area 2 and 3 inside it.

The newer firmware (V5.5.134) fixed that issue. Another issue you'll find on your version is that if you draw 3 separate non overlapping areas, they will appear to save normally, but when you go back to the GUI some time later, area 1 will have changed itself to a full screen rectangle with area 2 and 3 inside it.

OK - edit - it's not fixed in 5.5.134. If you draw a shape for motion detection using the GUI on the locally connected monitor and save it, all appears well. I've just gone back into the config for two of my 2386G2 AcuSense cameras (as I wasn't receiving alerts) and found that the previously drawn shapes have been replaced with random shapes with lines crossed etc.

Off topic but regarding the same cameras. Applying a minimum maximum size box for line crossing detection while using the local GUI on the NVR does not apply the setting to the camera - opening the cameras webpage the boxes are missing.

My mistake, I was running camera firmware of 5.5.131, but as you said also 5.5.134 has this problem.

I have selected human target to be sensed in motion detection, but it often recognize movement of leaves also as a human target.

My mistake, I was running camera firmware of 5.5.131, but as you said also 5.5.134 has this problem.

I have selected human target to be sensed in motion detection, but it often recognize movement of leaves also as a human target.

In general I find it works very well. Strangely I find the motion detection provides less false alerts than line crossing now. I too, however, have issues with non human targets triggering the events. I'm sure Hikvision have overstated how well this actually works - I get alerts from long grass in an overgrown area to the rear of my property and also I find hedgehogs being detected as human.

I do hope that the main issue with the shape "redrawing" itself gets resolved as it makes the motion detection completely unusable.

Back