01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Generic DVR Needs an Upgrade

doirecormac

Hi, First post so be gentle :)

I had a 4 camera system installed about 4 years ago and I am getting a message saying upgrade required. Unfortunately I cannot find a manufacturer name anywhere on the dvr. It is a h.264 dvr nvr avr system. Do I need to ditch it and buy a named brand (to make future updates easier) or is there anything I can do to get it updated preferably without losing all my settings etc? thanks for any help.

I would have thought that if it was smart enough to 'phone home' and know there is an update available, then it might guide you through that update with some sort of 'click here to proceed' type step.

Apart from that, not much to go on I'm afraid.

Phil, thanks for the reply. Apologies for only coming back now but I haven't a clue how to resolve this issue. I have attached a photo of the message I get on the screen. This could sit here for hours (probably days if I let it) but what it doesn't do is update anything or go away. There are no options on the screen to do anything with it - the mouse doesn't work. Would re-formatting the drive and installing different software work? Do I need a new system? Stumped!
cctv.jpg

I meant to say turning it off and on again seems to reset it but it only lasts between 30 minutes to an hour before the message re-appears. thanks Cormac

Back