01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Getting Non HikVision camera to display on iVMS-4500

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Is it possible to get a Non HikVision camera to display on iVMS-4500 viewer? just a local LAN connection needed....
I've got 5 Hikvision cameras that display fine in iVMS-4500, but would like to add one Non-HikVision camera (An older TrendNet Camera)
Does a tutorial on this exist?

Thanks Jan

Anyone with an update to this??

Is it possible to get a Non HikVision camera to display on iVMS-4500 viewer? just a local LAN connection needed....
I've got 5 Hikvision cameras that display fine in iVMS-4500, but would like to add one Non-HikVision camera (An older TrendNet Camera)
Does a tutorial on this exist?

Thanks Jan

My gut feeling is you can't. I've tried to add 3rd party cameras to iVMS-4500 in the past without success. Most of the errors mentioned HCNet SDK. I suspect Hikvision may not allow 3rd party cameras to connect directly, free software and all.
One work around would be to connect the 3rd party camera to a Hikvision NVR then connect the NVR to iVMS-4500 and view the streams. I have an old Axis camera I'll dig up and test some more then post my findings.

Actually I don’t have a NVR, just 6 loose cameras. 5 of which are 2SD2042WD-1’s.
I’m sending pics to a NAS via ftp, and the stream (HiK camera doesn’t support video) converted to video and mot detects via Surveillance Station on NAS.
Then the NAS runs script files to delete oldest files after a certain date and links the folders to a backup NAS.

I’ve been picking up used cameras on the cheap, updating with final version firmware that’s clean, and letting the NAS do all the heavy lifting, including web access.
Finally, because I have a time server on the LAN, I ban all ipcameras from accessing the internet.

This last camera is just that. Once I get 2 more 2CD2042WD-1 cameras, I can then retire that last SD Camera. Only reason it exists is because it has a burned in date & time stamp.
Thanks for the clarification, though!
My gut feeling is you can't. I've tried to add 3rd party cameras to iVMS-4500 in the past without success. Most of the errors mentioned HCNet SDK. I suspect Hikvision may not allow 3rd party cameras to connect directly, free software and all.
One work around would be to connect the 3rd party camera to a Hikvision NVR then connect the NVR to iVMS-4500 and view the streams. I have an old Axis camera I'll dig up and test some more then post my findings.

Last edited:
You can use third part universal camera management and monitoring software to add multi brand IP camera together.
you get many camera software such as milestone and many others.

Back