01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

GJD PIR integration with Hikvision NVR DS7608NI-K2 - no notification with HIK connect

Hugh P

Nvr DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P firmware V4.40.016 build 200803

Cameras DS-2CD2385FWD-I firmware V5.6.5 build 200316

2x GJD GJD260 30m Dual Tech IP Motion Detectors

I incorporated GJD PIRs into my network/CCTV system via PoE switches to prevent false positives but have been unable to achieve full functionality. I would ideally like notifications on HIK Connect when an alarm event is triggered by the PIR. The NVR recognises the PIRs through IOT menu (Alarm device) as IOT 1 and IOT2 and emails are triggered when they activate(selected on IOT event configuration; continuous record); The alarm event appears in the log; recording is also triggered and achieved but despite my best efforts, no notification is sent to HIK Connect despite linkage option Notify surveillance centre ticked. Hikvision Support suggest this is not supported but are not sure why which seems odd. Does anyone have this set up, experienced the same or can suggest a work around enabling notification of a PIR event using Alarm In alternative wiring? thanks

Nvr DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P firmware V4.40.016 build 200803

Cameras DS-2CD2385FWD-I firmware V5.6.5 build 200316

2x GJD GJD260 30m Dual Tech IP Motion Detectors

I incorporated GJD PIRs into my network/CCTV system via PoE switches to prevent false positives but have been unable to achieve full functionality. I would ideally like notifications on HIK Connect when an alarm event is triggered by the PIR. The NVR recognises the PIRs through IOT menu (Alarm device) as IOT 1 and IOT2 and emails are triggered when they activate(selected on IOT event configuration; continuous record); The alarm event appears in the log; recording is also triggered and achieved but despite my best efforts, no notification is sent to HIK Connect despite linkage option Notify surveillance centre ticked. Hikvision Support suggest this is not supported but are not sure why which seems odd. Does anyone have this set up, experienced the same or can suggest a work around enabling notification of a PIR event using Alarm In alternative wiring? thanks

I use the standard GJD units and have them wired directly to the alarm inputs and they work - albeit with a few issues:

1 - Alarm notifications are only supported at all by Hik Connect if you have added your system using the Hik Connect method (registering the NVR with Hik Connect). If you've added the system manually using the IP/Domain - notifications won't work at all in the Hik Connect app. Could this be the issue on your system?

2 - There are a couple of bugs in the Hik Connect app that remain when dealing with inputs hard wired to the NVR. The first is that the alarm is not identified correctly - it comes up "IO Alarm" regardless of which input triggers. It used to bring up the input number and description. Second, and more of an issue, is that on the resulting notification, the "Live View" and "Playback" options for the alarm are missing - you just get the thumbnail and nothing else.

It's fairly basic functionality and I've no idea why Hik have failed to resolve these issues.

Thanks for your swift response. I get notifications for alarms such as line crossing and intrusion detection as I originally set up the NVR using the QR codes in HIK Connect. The GJD PIRs are set up and recognised in the IoT settings of the NVRs GUI. Linkage sub menu will generate an email from each specific PIR (IOT1 and IOT2) but no notification from the Notification centre although checked to Hik connect.
As a solution similar to your suggestion above, I am considering adding a splitter to the PoE cable coming back to the switch and leaving the PIRs connected to the LAN through split 1 and from the 2nd split, taking just the 2 alarm cables into the NVR alarm in socket. Will this work? This would allow notification to HC as well as defined alarm through email backup. Any advice gratefully received.
Is this lack of functionality corrected in more up to date NVRs post DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P firmware V4.40.016 build 200803

Not sure why that's not working but it looks as though you're running I series firmware on a K series recorder to get that IoT functionality. That in itself may be the problem - that the firmware (for the I series model) supports IoT but the K series hardware doesn't. I have ran I series firmware on K series models before but had some stability issues.

Your suggestion with the switch won't work as you need volt free normally open or normally closed pairs from the PIRs to connect to the NVR alarm inputs. On the old GJD Opal Elite you get two pairs of contacts that can be configured. The connection from the attached PIR just causes or removes a connection to ground. As my post mentioned though, the resulting notification has no "Live View" or "Playback" option and isn't identified due to software issues so it's not much use.

I spoke to Hik support about a year ago and was talked through the process of running firmware for the I series on my hardware DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P . It involved reloading firmware in three steps as IoT menu wasn't available on previous (K2) firmware. Successfully completed and GJD dual techs were recognised under IoT alarm menu. I accept that there maybe some bugs in this operation and have subsequently started again and reloaded firmwares. DT's were programmed using inbuilt bespoke Hikvision firmware (port 30999) and are recognised by the NVR. Same situation : Alarms are created by DTs and stored in the NVR log as IoT 1 and 2. emails are sent but nothing to Hik Connect via notification centre. weird. After alot of dialogue and research, Hik Support say notifications from IoT via Hik Connect are not supported also weird given firmware IoT menu offers it as an option.

Hik Support said
"The recorders firmware works for the integration for the GJDs but the HIK-CONNECT Cloud doesn't have full integration with the GJDs
So the alarms can be received on IVMS 4200 and local recorder but just not on the cloud until the integration has been done in the future.
Hopefully the integration between the IP PIRs and HIKVISION Equipment will be improved in the future to allow notifications to be pushed through the App.
Unfortunately I don't have any dates or plans for a future update to allow the notifications to come through to the app.
Integration team will be working on this situation between OPTEX and HIKVISION

So currently the alarms can only come through IVMS 4200 and local recorder. "

Can anyone suggest a solution/workaround. I have seen the Pi used but seems annoyingly expensive to solve the problem

Just found this as I'm having the same issue. Hikvision video intercom added as an IoT device in my NVR. It's recognised, able to triggers events from the intercom, and are entered into the NVR log, but no notifications in HikConnect. Even though, "notify surveillance centre" is available and ticked for linkage.

It sounds like nearly 2 years on, HikVision have not added this compatibility to HikConnect app which is frustrating. Does anyone have any insight if there is another way to achieve notifications from the Hikvision intercom?

Back