01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Going crazy with browser playback not showing events or motion.

Denzy

So I have my NVR set to continuous record which creates the solid blue line in playback.

On my NVR box i can see the blue bar with event markers under it. I have tried to get the markers to show on the web access playback view (via IE browser) - but there is nothing.

I put the camera to full window and click the button to show motion/events . Nothing.

Model: DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)
Firmware: V3.4.100 build 180310
Camera: G1 8MP

Any suggestions? I've seen other threads with this issue but no conclusions.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 837
Yes , I've had it confirmed by Hikvision now that this functionality is not present on the K series - or more like they can't be bothered to fix this bug.

No more firmware updates to come unless for security reasons I'm told tpp.

Wish I had purchased the I series :(

But at leas new firmware is still being issued for the I series, so we can but hope it will be resolved. I really hope Use-IP keep up the pressure on Hikvision to fix this, as Hikvision have broken a feature that was working when purchased.

I see this thread refers to a K1 series NVR - but K2 series are still being sold, and it woudl appear firmware is still being developed for that range.

Purchased a Hikvision l series NVR from Use-IP last week. Also experiencing the same issue and came across this thread when searching through the forums. Has Use-IP had any feedback from Hikvision regarding a fix for this bug and when this is to be expected?

We have just contacted our UK Hikvision contacts for an update on this and asked them to contact Hikvision HQ for the latest information on a fix for this issue.

Dan, I'll send you a birthday cake if you can get Hik to fix this problem in the web browser!

I have an I series NVR and am running 4.22.000 firmware and this issue is sort of fixed in that version.

I say sort of because the motion / alarm markers are there but iVMS4200 shows different markers for the same camera - they should match but don't.

Also in IE when trying to move the playback bar around it jumps all over the place at times. This doesn't happen if Chrome is used but then the motion/alarm markers don't show.

Really poor that this is not properly fixed and that Hikvision don't have better QA. They claim to see professional security product, but this is anything but professional or secure! Ie two different sets of results for motion alarms!

Other issues such as a scaled up 4k display for the browser makes some text minute to the degree it's unreadable.

If you try to export a clip based on timings you see in playback video the exported clip is offset and not for the same time period - not been fixed for many versions.

Suggestion to Use-IP - could we maybe have a log here of faults we have identified together with Hikvision responses?

The bugs are so numerous at the moment they are lost deep in threads on here.

Clive - great idea. And you are right, it's hard to keep track of things at this point. Hell, the forum's private messages or "conversations" hasn't worked this whole year. Dan/Phil, how about a separate thread to keep track of pending issues that need to be resolved?

Hell, the forum's private messages or "conversations" hasn't worked this whole year.
I decided not to permit / fix this.
You have no idea of the amount of rogues & spammers we ban daily!

Suggestion to Use-IP - could we maybe have a log here of faults we have identified together with Hikvision responses?

The bugs are so numerous at the moment they are lost deep in threads on here.

It's tricky to compile and manage this well without seeming to bite the hand that feeds.
We nag Hikvision frequently.
I am not convinced that it would end well for us to publish a collated list of criticisms ... :oops:

I decided not to permit / fix this.
You have no idea of the amount of rogues & spammers we ban daily!

Understood. There have been times when I've wanted to reach out to an individual member for advice - you, Dan, Stewart - and not bother the forum with a new thread. Are you OK with creating a thread that is essentially aimed at just one (or a few) people? Other forums are very picky about cluttering things up with threads where a private message can achieve the same results.

Are you OK with creating a thread that is essentially aimed at just one (or a few) people?

Happy to have all technical queries out in the open ~ where they might help someone else in the future :)

Understood thefine line you have to take here @Phil Maybe those listed could be checked / logged with Hikvision as they are all demonstrable issues/bugs that people are experiencing.

We have received an update from Hikvision support on the playback/event markers issue, unfortunately, it is not good news:

I have discussed this with HQ.
Unfortunately, HQ will not change it back, as the algorithm now makes the device more stable and the playback function more frequently.
I have feedback to HQ before, however, it seems only us that feedback to HQ on this issue. No other region customers feedback the same issue.
HQ considers the whole world situation and system performance, so makes this change.
Really sorry for the inconvenience, maybe we can suggest the customers/users downgrade if they really need this function.

We know it is not the result we wanted, our support contact actually broke this news to us on Wednesday and we responded saying that we were very disappointed with this decision and that we would like confirmation from our other contact at Hikvision who we had already discussed this issue with and the above was their response.

@Dan what is it they are saying they won't fix specifically? Are you referring to a K or I series NVR?
On the I series NVR this does actually work again in 4.22.000 however the event markers that are working again there don't actually match what iVMS-4200 shows - which sounds like a bug that can and must be fixed.

This is sold as a security system - not being able to accurately report on events is a fundamental part of a security system.

Would be good to understand very specifically which issue they are refusing to fix.

@Dan what is it they are saying they won't fix specifically? Are you referring to a K or I series NVR?
On the I series NVR this does actually work again in 4.22.000 however the event markers that are working again there don't actually match what iVMS-4200 shows - which sounds like a bug that can and must be fixed.

This is sold as a security system - not being able to accurately report on events is a fundamental part of a security system.

Would be good to understand very specifically which issue they are refusing to fix.

As far as we are aware and from what we can see from our own testing the feature has only been added to I-series NVRs running v4.22.000 and when using Internet Explorer, we have a 7616 I-series NVR in the office which is running the latest firmware and doesn't display the event markers when using Chrome, Firefox, etc...

The reason you are seeing different results between the browser and iVMS-4200 is that the browser event controls that @Denzy screenshotted in his original post are actually doing something different to the Smart Events you have set in iVMS-4200. I tried to explain this in a previous thread - Intrusion and line crossing marks in playback mode

Basically, the motion/line crossing/intrusion option in browser playback is a live function that highlights anything that has triggered that event, whether or not you had that event enabled in Smart Events or not. So for example, if you select line crossing and draw a line on the playback that is different to the line you drew in the Smart Events settings you will get different results, this would be the same for motion in that the playback option will scan the whole image for any motion while your Smart Event settings will likely have motion detection areas drawn within the image, again leading to different results.

So the feature they are not planning to bring back is the coloured event markers for Smart Events you set in the camera's menus, but if you have access to Internet Explorer you will still be able to use the live playback event markers but these will show different triggers/markers to the real Smart Event triggers. The only way to still get the real Smart Event markers is to either downgrade the firmware or access the footage via iVMS-4200 and/or a direct monitor as both these options still support showing you the event markers.

This post shows the Event markers with a direct monitor - What is the Difference Between Normal, Smart, and Custom(Event) Playback when using a Monitor on a Hikvision NVR?

I call bullshit on nobody else requesting that this feature be fixed. FFS the whole reason for a security camera system is to record and track intrusions. Why on Earth would we want to actually see those intrusions in a web browser?

Back