01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Going crazy with browser playback not showing events or motion.

I am using a DS-7608NI-I2 with (V4.40.016 build 200803) latest firmware with DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL Cameras I also have same problem the motion / alarm playback markers not working and playback bar jumps all over the place at times all of this with internet explorer. From my experience with Hikvision its full of bugs

So I have my NVR set to continuous record which creates the solid blue line in playback.

On my NVR box i can see the blue bar with event markers under it. I have tried to get the markers to show on the web access playback view (via IE browser) - but there is nothing.

I put the camera to full window and click the button to show motion/events . Nothing.

Model: DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)
Firmware: V3.4.100 build 180310
Camera: G1 8MP

Any suggestions? I've seen other threads with this issue but no conclusions.

Has anyone managed to resolved this issue? its 2021 now I'm guess should have been fixed by Hikvision by now ?

Hikvision support of their NVRs in this respect is very poor. This issue still remains. If they could get the event markers workign with the Chrome / firefox browsers it woudl be a major step forward. Particularly as IE is now effectively a legacy browser with support droppign away all the time.

They also need to fix the issue where other smart event markers in the same web interface just don't work.

Again would be great if pressure coudl be kept up on them to resolve these issues. Their original response that they don't plan to fix things as it's more stable is ridiculous - we have bought equipment that does not do what it is supposed to do.

I wonder if they are actually still supporting the I series? There hasn't been a firmware update for a logn time now. This is despite a long list of bugs that require fixing.

ive about had it with hikvision, being able to use a browser is one of the reasons i bought my system, saying that they do record reliably, i will not be upgrading to acusense, as their end user support and nvr firmware upgrades are patchy at best, so im not entrusting more money to hikvsion for NVR's- as the whole machine learning / AI industry is moving so fast, they will lag behind on updates, and also inbuilt obsolescence . No issues with their cameras

So rather than throw out my NVR , im going to be dabbling with some open source software using a google coral compute stick, and an application called Blackshear Frigate ( fine if u are a geek) , it uses Googles AI coral TPU & Tensorflow, and pulls rtsp streams from the NVR, or IP camera, tags it as human , car, animal etc, takes a clip, and drops it onto a folder- very geeky. it can also do zones and masking. There's other opensource apps that do this, u just need to be able to dabble, with a RPI4 and understand docker, but they are all being actively developed. will still use my hik nvr for recording, but its finding events reliably is what i bought it for..

it simply not good , when u need to upgrade an NVR's firmware, and lose functionality ...

Last edited:
Same problem, I have a customer that needs to check alarms remotely. There is no way to remotely access to local interface (correct me if I'm wrong) and this function is not available on the web interface. So the only way I guess is to downgrade to version 3.x hoping not to lose functionalities nor compatibilities.
Someone else have a better idea on how to remotely view the alarm timeline?
My customer may even buy another device, but looks like there is nothing from hikvision. Maybe to switch to another brand may be a solution?

I just got a HiLook NVR-104-MH-C and i'm not seeing any events on the playback timeline anywhere, not on the NVR or browser.

FW 4.30.085 210409

Back