01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Good camera to use for a website?

fkismad

Hi

I would like some advice on which camera would suit my application. I know nothing about IP cameras. I am looking for a cheap fixed point camera that will be streaming on a website. I would like it to be embedded on a page on the website.

The camera will be used during the day and will be a wired connection as the distance is too far for wireless.

Hi There,

Indoors or outdoors?

Can you give us a bit more info about what you are trying to see?

Camera for out door use

The camera is to be used outside to view horse riding lessons going on in an arena.

The Vivotek IP7330 might be a good option for you; it's a weatherproof bullet camera ready for outdoor use.

Thanks for the replys. I see the vivotek camera is out of stock. Can you recommend a similar camera that would suit my application. Also the location is approx 100 meters from my house. Would this still work ok using a 100 meter ethernet cable?

thanks

Hi There,

The Vivotek IP7330 stock situation has been very frustrating - we have been waiting for fresh stock since Christmas, we now expect them to be back in stock next week.

You could consider a Y-cam as an alternative, but by the time you have added the Y-cam camera housing for weatherproofing it works out a little dearer.

The 100m rule for maximum network cable length is a nominal figure - the best thing to do is to give it a try and see how it performs. If you need to extend the reach then we can supply a network extender to achieve this.

I think i will wait until the vivotek is back in stock and then purchase it. I am changing the mounting place of the camera so that it is only 50 meters away. Once i have the camera and cable will i need an RJ45 coupler connector to connect the ethernet cable coming from the camera to the 50 meter cable?

thanks

Hello Again,

There's a coupler supplied in the box with the camera, we've uploaded some extra photos to show this.

We are expecting the Vivotek IP7330 to be back in stock on Wednesday :)

Phil

Thanks for all your help. I have placed my order today. Looking forward to getting it :)

Many Thanks for your order, your new Vivotek IP7330 will be with you tomorrow, I hope it meets your requirement well, if you need any further help or information please feel free to get in touch.

Back