01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Good night time footage required.

Newbie4

As above really a number plate too, if its not too much to ask for.

We've just moved in, obviously being watched, police were of no help...so here I am trying to protect whats mine.

looking for 2-3 cameras one has to be really good at night. what would I require? I have had a look around on the use-ip website and the forum to get a better understanding on how things work, I am pretty tech savvy so installation and setup shouldn't be much of a problem...she says!

• Budget £1500
  • Indoor outdoor outdoor
  • Does it need Infra-red? (Night vision) yes please
  • Weatherproof and/or vandal proof? weatherproof
  • What will you be looking at? (eg. front garden) front garden, driveway, side of house and if possible to road in front of the house
  • Estimated viewing angle (Does it need to be vari-focal?) not sure? i assume to get good footage of the road this is a must?
  • Preferred style (Dome, Bullet, Cube or no preference?) any from reading bullet and turrent would fit my criteria
  • What sort of recording were you wanting to do? (Continuous or on Motion Detection) continuous definitively
  • How were you looking to store recorded footage? (NVR, PC, On board SD storage, NAS drive or cloud based storage) NVR
  • How are you looking to power the camera? (Power Over Ethernet or via wall mains) Power over ethernet, have an idea of where to wire
  • Lastly, What accessories might you need? (A specific mounting bracket? POE injector or switch? SD card? An NVR or NAS? NVR will be placed next to my internet router

just found these thought i would add them to help

many thanks.

Last edited:
Hi @Newbie4

For the rear and front of the property, we would recommend the DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP Darkfighter Turret as it has 30m IR LEDs and features the latest Darkfighter technology to improve low-light & IR performance.

The 2385G1 is available in 2.8mm and 4mm options, if you wanted something with a tighter field of view we would recommend the 2H85G1 Varifocal Turret which has a focal range of 2.8-12mm

The degree measurement for the FoV of each camera is shown on their datasheets, you can find a visual guide to the different focal lengths at this forum post

For the side of the house, we would recommend either the DS-2CD2045FWD-I 4MP Darkfighter Mini Bullet or one of the above turret models mounted out from the wall using a wall bracket. (we wouldn't recommend mounting a turret directly to the wall and pointing it along the wall it is mounted to as you can end up with a lot of the wall in the scene which can cause reflection problems for the IR)

We would recommend the DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) 4-channel NVR if you are not planning to expand beyond 4 cameras.

The ANPR feature is only available from one Hikvision camera model - DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P 2MP Darkfighter IR Array Bullet Network Camera

You can power the cameras by directly connecting them to the PoE ports on the NVR, but if it is awkward to run a single length of cable this distance then you can fit a PoE Injector or a PoE switch closer to where you plan to mount the cameras.

You can create an account at the webshop to see the prices of all of the above.

If you have any more questions let us know.

wow Thank you Dan for the recommendations,

ok a ANPR camera is a must, without divulging too much information a part registration was obtained a full one would have been nice, the police were unable to help due to this.

The DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P is available in two different versions, which would suit my needs better?

I think I will go with two with a 2.8mm lens and one with a 4mm lens on a wall bracket to give a tighter image on the side of the house as there is a side gate.

possibly looking to add an additional camera in the porch area looking at the webshop, would the DS-7608NI-K2-8P be better or the DS-7608NI-I2-8P?

many thanks

The DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P is available in two different versions, which would suit my needs better?

The 2 different versions offer different focal lengths, the 2.8-12mm lens option is designed for short distances (up to 50m) and the 8-32mm model is for much longer distances (up to 100m) - so it all depends on how far the road is from the cameras mounting position.

possibly looking to add an additional camera in the porch area looking at the webshop, would the DS-7608NI-K2-8P be better or the DS-7608NI-I2-8P?

Check out this forum post - Which is the Best Hikvision NVR for 8 Cameras?

the camera is easily +50m away from the road, is it possible to program the camera to ignore set registration numbers of neighbours and send some sort of notification when a 'unknown' vehicle approaches?

the post clears things up nicely, thank you.

getting mightly close to the budget, would there be any discount for buying the whole lot from yourselves?

the camera is easily +50m away from the road, is it possible to program the camera to ignore set registration numbers of neighbours and send some sort of notification when a 'unknown' vehicle approaches?

yes, they call it 'Whitelist/Blacklist' - whitelist is the plates you don't want to be notified of, and blacklist is the ones you want to be alerted to.

getting mightly close to the budget, would there be any discount for buying the whole lot from yourselves?

We can't quote a special price for that size of order, but if it is your first order you should receive a welcome email with a code 10% off your order - if you haven't received that email send us an email info@use-ip.co.uk with your name and account details and we will send you the code.

thank you, i will check my mail box and get the order put through

sorry! what size of hard drive would you recommend for the 4 cameras?

thank you for your advice, just placed the order. will update with how i get on!

Back