01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Granting NVR access permissions to different users?

JXBURNS

Have just installed 30 cameras connected to a DS-7732NI-I4 / 24P NVR (20 PoE and 10 IP) in a public sector building. All OK. I have done this as a favour so no money involved here.

Now I want to grant access to certain people (with different access rights) to view and/or playback some or all of the cameras. Did a search here and found some information but wondered following as not clear what others do. I am more used to BlueIris:

a) If showing (say 4 cameras) on a publicly visible screen (ignoring GDPR for time being) what do you think is best way? I was looking at a browser maybe driven by a Raspberry Pi or Intel Stick PC but so far every time I have found that difficult to show only the 4 cameras without having to logon to the system. Was wondering if there is a way to bypass that with maybe a URL command line so that when PC boots up the startup would go straight to the display.

b) Using the browser, even if I set them to only be allowed to view Live Cameras, they still get access to all the management menus albeit they cannot amend anything. Is there a way to restrict this?

c) Is using the browser the best way or should they be using iVMS-4200 on a desktop with either the 4500 app or the Hik-Connect app on a device?

d) The NVR is running V4.50.010 build 210322 of the firmware. Am I right in thinking the latest firmware is this:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL ?

Thanks - John

Back