01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hardisk problem hikvision Nvr

ste92

hi I have a customer who has a ds-7604NI-se / p nvr with 2 hardisks installed. these days one of the 2 hardisks had problems and the nvr kept playing so my client disabled some settings I don't know which one. I replaced the hardisk by putting the new one, as soon as I turned on the nvr it asked me if I wanted to initialize it and I confirmed. the problem is that even after formatting it, in the HD section of the NVR the status of the new hardisk says not active. what should I do in your opinion?
the nvr has firmware version 3.0.23, build 170731 is also to be updated? I can't find the model on the site.

Hi @ste92

The latest firmware we can find for this older NVR model is v3.0.22 so you would appear to be on a newer and latest version.

What HDD size is the replacement? is it the same size as the original?
What brand/model is the HDD?

Hi @ste92

The latest firmware we can find for this older NVR model is v3.0.22 so you would appear to be on a newer and latest version.

What HDD size is the replacement? is it the same size as the original?
What brand/model is the HDD?
can you send me this model's firmware link?
ok thanks the hardisk is western digital 1 TeraByte 3,5''

As I say the version you are on would appear to be a newer version that maybe came pre-installed, but you can try downgrading to v3.0.22

The HDD you have chosen sounds fine to me. If downgrading the firmware has no effect I would recommend formatting both HDDs, if that still does not solve the issue the only other thing I can recommend is to factory reset the NVR and start from scratch.

Back