01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hello I am getting Error code HCNetSDK.dll[13] (No permission) when I try and connect to a stream.

fitzyyy

Hello our Hikvision DS-7216HGHI-SH is not allowing a new user to view video streams. We are attempting to view via the iVMS-4200(v2.04.00.04).exe software.
We can go into iVMS 4200 client and the user is registered there as a Super User. On the Actual main head unit, the user is rated as a "user". They can connect to the cameras in device management and list the cameras on the main head unit. However when it comes to viewing the stream we get the attached error.
Can you help fix this error?

thanks
Mariah_CameraError (003).JPG

Apparently, you need to - "Give Permission to user"

1552561443352.png

Can you tell me please how to give permission to the user? Is it in the iVMS-4200 software, or in the web interface of the DS-7216HGHI-SH?

The honest answer is that I do not know.

In the iVMS-4200 software the user has all the permissions ticked. In the DS-7216HGHI-SH they are set as a "user" with the standard permissions of a user.

Hi Phil, firstly, thanks for getting back to me. I'm afraid our Hik Vision DS-7216HGHI-SH does not have a screen that looks like the one described in the article above. I attach a picture of our configuration screen. I have setup a new user on the hope that would allow connection, but I get the same error. I can connect to the device in the iVMS-4200 software, and list the cameras. Its just the final stage of connection that it falls over and gives the error message mentioned in the first message of this post..

Attachments

• Hik_Vision_configuration_screen.JPG
    Hik_Vision_configuration_screen.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,592
Last edited:
You have a DVR, and we only work with NVRs, have you checked the portal to see whether there is any newer firmware for your DVR?
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Hello Phil, I will try a firmware update and let you know how it goes. Thanks for you help.

Are you using the Internet Explorer browser?
If so, and you still have problems, then please try running IE as an administrator:
Run Internet Explorer as an administrator

BTW - Other settings also may not 'stick' unless you use IE (and maybe run it as an admin - particularly where the browser needs to create new files)

Hello, I have the same problem: No Permission on all cameras that was added after creation of that user (Operator). Then I deleting this user and created it again. Now I can see all cameras whit this user.

Hi

If it's any help I had this error message too. In the NVR I had give the User settings for "Local: Live View". Even though I was on the same LAN I had to also enable "Rrmote: Live View". This fixed the issue.

As @User123 says you need to add all necessary permissions - Remote Live View being one. This can be done either:

- In the DVR local menu - Users. Click the icon to the right of the user names entry for "edit permissions" You'll need the admin password to alter them.
- In the DVR web interface - System > User Management
We can go into iVMS 4200 client and the user is registered there as a Super User.
The Super User there is just the admin login for the iVMS software. It has no link as such to the DVR - it solely allows administration of the iVMS app.

The easiest way to fix this is go into user permissions on the DVR move the user to the guest group save the user and then move them back to the Operator group and that should update the user to all the relevant permissions that were missing.

Back