• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Hello world - my first cctv setup

josipro

Thread starter #1
Hey guys!

I'm new to IP cams and CCTV in general. I'm sorry if this is wrong place for this topic.

We plan to install 5 bullet cams outside building and around 25 turret cams inside each office.

So, if anyone could check my plan before ordering equipment I'd greatly appreciate that.

Outdoor:
Here are shown 5 outdoor DS-2CD2T85FWD-I5/I8, 4 sketched with IPVM Camera Calculator V3, 1 added later in paint. :D

I can't find any review of DS-2CD2T85G1-I5/I8, I'd like to go for them because they are newer, instead of DS-2CD2T85FWD-I5/I8, what do you think?

Indoor:
Inside 25pcs of DS-2CD2385FWD-I, 23 of them 2.8mm fov 102°, 2 pcs are in hallway 28m long and 2.2m width.
Which lens do you suggest for hallway, is it 8 mm 40° fov good in orientation like shown here (each cam covering half of the hallway and covering other camera)?

Another question about placement of the office cams; to look towards the window (shown here) or towards the entrance to office (shown here)..?

Final step, NVR. We're considering DS-9632NI-I8 for 4K recording when motion detected (let's say 12h recording per day of each cam) and RAID 5.
What do you think, how much recording time can be saved in 42 TB?
How much cams can that nvr show in live view in the same time?

Please advise me, waiting for your opinions. :)