01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HELP! After firmware re-install on DS-7208HGHI-SH cannot access

BossHogg

The firmware seemed to load OK, and on Video output + mouse it prompted me to enter a Password twice (onscreen keyboard)... Username was blank and non-enterable.

After it accepted new password, it said it is registered. If I try with Mouse say to get to menu or change camera option it prompts for credentials, but username dropdown is empty no 'admin' - and password on its own does not work.

Tried setting via SADP & iVMS4200 but it shows as Avtive, no IP address, and unable to change to DHCP (or give IP address) as it just says denied.

I gather there is a password reset process, but no idea how to follow this or even contact Hikvision for support.

Is tehre any 'reset to factory' procedure?

Seems it can only be reset using a file, and Hikvision UK saying purchase via Amazon is not a supported channel (even though it shows as being direct from Hikvision as supplier).

Looks like I now have an expensive brick.

Go into SADP, export file from "Forgot password" and send me that file.

Go into SADP, export file from "Forgot password" and send me that file.
I could not see how to send direct message, but attached is file.

Attachments

• DS-7208HGHI-SH0820160321AAWR582631941WCVU-202007230846.zip
    238 bytes · Views: 239
For some reason i can't make reset file with exported file you sended me. Please send me again ( don't zip it).

This forum would not let .xml file be attached, so have added a .txt file extension. If it fails maybe we revert to DM email (mine is "me[at]bosshogg.co.uk")

Attachments

• DS-7208HGHI-SH0820160321AAWR582631941WCVU-202007230846.xml.txt
    24 bytes · Views: 164
Back