01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help choosing Hikvision kit

The_Z

Hi all,

Looking for my first cctv kit. Interested in 2 or 3 Hikvision turret cameras, a camera doorbell capable of linking to an NVR (can these double up as cctv as well as be used to communicate with deliveries), either a 6 or 8 channel NVR (for upgrading number of cameras later), 4 TB HDD and anything else needed (cables/fixings etc).

Budget £800 to £1,000

Main confusion is which camera, I'd like something that can double up as a notification alarm through an app for when we're away for day trips and holidays. I understand the website offers newer and older Hikvision cameras so don't mind only going with 2 to get 2 better cameras than 3 not so good. We live in a link detached house in the corner of a cul-de-sac so only really need 1x front and 1x rear (side camera is not essential). We are planning to move to a bigger house in the next few years so would like the bigger NVR.

Also plan to get 3x LED flood lights linked through PIR sensors (not sure if this influences your advice)

I know very little about CCTV so please feel free to air on the side of caution and treat me like an idiot

Z

Hi @The_Z

You have a couple of options here, depending on whether you want to keep close to your budget or have more reliable notifications the ability to record sound on the cameras - please see these in the table below.

The doorbells can record to the NVR, but these have 2MP resolution and a very wide field of view to best capture anybody at the door, so they aren't the best for covering any space that's beyond a few metres from the camera.

Any of the Hikvision cameras can be used to send notifications on alarms, as you will set up "events" like motion detection, and then connect the system to the Hik-Connect mobile app, which can receive push notifications. This app is also where you would normally answer the doorbell - this guide shows how you would do this:

NVRCamerasDoorbellHDD
Option 1 - Closest to budget, basic features, and more prone to false-positive alarm triggersHikvision DS-7608NI-K2-8P | 8 Channel Network Video RecorderHikvision DS-2CD2345FWD-I 4MP Turret Network CameraHikvision DS-KV6113-WPE1 Pro Video Intercom Villa Door StationWestern Digital Purple 4TB SATA 6 GB/s Surveillance Hard Drive
Option 2 - More expensive, but futureproof. AcuSense technology for fewer false-positive triggersHikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel Network Video RecorderHikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP AcuSense Fixed IR Turret Network Camera With Built-In Microphone
(These will always give a full resolution B&W image - PIR floodlights will not affect these at night)

Or

Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera
(The PIR floodlights will help with the camera's low-light colour imaging when on, but these are not recommended if there is not much ambient light, i.e. streetlights, in the scene otherwise)
Hikvision DS-KV6113-WPE1 Pro Video Intercom Villa Door StationWestern Digital Purple 4TB SATA 6 GB/s Surveillance Hard Drive

If you decide to go with the DS-7608NI-K2-8P NVR, please also be aware that you cannot use AcuSense cameras with K-Series models like this one. So, we recommend always sticking to the EasyIP 3.0 cameras. You should also avoid adding several high-resolution (8MP) cameras to the K-Series NVRs:

Hope that helps :)

Back