01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

help required with DS-2cd2386g2-iu with ds7608

smithy

hi there this is my first hikvision system im having a issue where the in built microphones are humming / screeching on live view and playback with no background noise to speak of. can anyone shed any light on whats causing this ? this is all set up on the bench as a test any input would be greatly appreciated

Hi @smithy

We haven't been hands-on with this particular model but I would check the below forum post to make sure you have audio settings set correctly.

Hikvision cameras probably don't do this but when I used a Reolink wireless camera for 2-way "live" audio, it was a nightmare with wifi lag combining with never-ending echoes and screeching feedback. If I forgot to turn my PC audio level down, even a camera with no background noise would play back to me every cough, chair creak and phone ring in my office - descending quickly into a screech.

Reactions: Dan
good point @macman

we have experienced feedback loops with Hikivison cameras when listening to audio through the app and standing close the camera, if you only have camera on test on your office desk or similar it could be a feedback loop from PC speakers, radio, etc... that are in close proximity to the camera, maybe if none of the above fix the problem you could try moving the camera around and see if you notice any change in the sound.

Back