01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Help - weird blurred notification images Email & Hik-Connect App!

cl0nd0n

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help with this weird one.... currently have the following setup to test some cameras for IR capability.

NVR: Model - DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P / Firmware Version - V4.1.64 build 190119
Camera 1: Model - DS-2CD2383G0-I / Firmware Version - V5.5.81 build 181106
Camera 2: Model - DS-2CD2345FWD-I / Firmware Version - V5.5.82 build 181211

I have setup everything, all recording fine, His-Connect app working, notifications via app and email etc for Intrusion & Line Crossing all fine. However... on the notifications for both email and via the App, the thumbnails that are sent have this strange coloured / pixelated box on them. This is happening on both of the cameras.

This is an example of the email notifications with the snapshots:

An this is an example of how it looks on the Hik-Connect App?

Has anyone else seen this before or have any idea what I can do to fix it? As far as I know I am running the latest firmware etc - just seems strange it happens on both cameras in the same place on each image! Playback of both cameras is absolutely fine and nothing is visible on the recordings or live view.

Cheers

Chris

What is your internet connection uplink speed like please?
e.g. when tested via Speedtest.net

What is your internet connection uplink speed like please?
e.g. when tested via Speedtest.net
Average speed test is 3.5Mb up / 18Mb down so should be fine?

As these are just snapshots emailed or pushed via the app then I can't see upload speed affecting them? It's in the same position on both cameras and playback / live view is fine again indicating upload speed is ok?

I think this must be a bug in the NVR if its on both emails and push notifications?

I briefly had that exact same problem with my 8mp camera in the exact same spot. I rebooted the whole system and it has not returned.

I suffer with this as well on a couple of my cameras which are 8mp as well. My bandwidth is around 15Mb uplink so bandwidth is not the issue. All are on the latest firmware as is my NVR.

I will try rebooting to see if it resolves the issue.

Morning - have done several reboots and still have the issue.... This is happening on both 8MP cameras and 4MP Darkfighter so doesn't seem to be camera related as such....
Does anyone else have any ideas? It's currently making the notifications a bit useless!

I wish I'd saved some of my notification email pics. The blur in those pictures is in the exact same location of the pic as mine, and the weird color pattern is the same too. If it happens again I will post them. But as I said, a reboot seems to have cured the problem for me.

i get the same problem 7716ni-i4, some 8mp cameras and push notifications. Doubt it's internet speed as I get 19m upload.

Morning - have done several reboots and still have the issue.... This is happening on both 8MP cameras and 4MP Darkfighter so doesn't seem to be camera related as such....
Does anyone else have any ideas? It's currently making the notifications a bit useless!

A reboot hasn't resolved this for me either.

First, make a note of your current settings.
Try this (if it fixes the issue you can increase the values afterward):
Access your camera via the webGUI. Navigate to Configuration>Video/Audio
Reduce the Max Bitrate, try a lower value like 2048 to begin with. Make sure the I Frame Interval is set to the same as the camera's Frame Rate. Do this on both the Main Stream and the Sub-stream.

Camera settings:

On the NVR, make sure the settings are the same! The NVR doesn't always correctly reflect the camera's settings.

Also check the Main Stream (Event) on the NVR has the same settings as the camera (often the Max. Bitrate is higher):

You may need to reboot the NVR for the settings to properly register.

Try that and let us know.

I've updated to the latest firmware (NVR 7716 NI_I v4.21 & G1 cameras v5.5.83) a few days ago and just noticed this problem is solved!
Not sure if the problem was the camera or NVR firmware as I've updated both at the same time....

Back