01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with ANPR after upgrading NVR

Nicholas Gray

Good evening,

I have just upgraded my 16 channel K series to an I series NVR (DS-7616NI-I2-16p) - due to a number of issues.

I have one ANPR camera - a DS-2DE4A26FWD-IZHS which I bought form you a while back. After reconfiguring the new NVR I no longer had the image adjustment settings on the NVR and if I accessed the camera directly I couldn't change the image settings - they wouldn't save. I have to adjust the exposure settings at various points in the year to get reliable plate reads and have just installed a new security light near the camera.

To try and resolve I followed advice in another thread and updated the firmware on the ANPR camera (non-P version) to v5.4.5 build 201106. The ANPR camera now has the updated interface but if I go to the 'Road Traffic' menu and click on 'Detection Type' and select 'Vehicle Detection' a pop appears with "Do you want to reboot the unit?. I click 'Ok' and another pop-up appears with "Save succeeded" - however the unit does not reboot and the "Vehicle Detection" setting isn't saved. Manually rebooting the camera makes no difference.

So I then tried configuring ANPR from the I-series NVR - but whenever I try to save any changes I just get a pop up with "Parameter error".

So please help! What have I done wrong and how can I get my ANPR working again?

Many thanks

Solved - a hard reset of the ANPR camera sorted the problem.

However back on the NVR I am still missing the detailed Image settings - see picture below? Not a big problem as I can log into the camera and adjust but annoying

Normally there would be settings like exposure and white balance etc? Cameras are connected over a 1GigE network - not via the PoE ports. Have I set them up incorrectly on the new NVR?

HIK NVR.PNG

Back