01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with IP Cameras

Jordanthomson91

Hello,
I have an existing Qvis IP cctv system. I want to add two additional cameras that aren’t Qvis own but it’s proving difficult.

I have the new Cameras going through a POE switch because the Qvis Nvr won’t recognise a non Qvis camera.

I can view the cameras via the IP address on a web browser but no matter what I do I can’t get them to show up on the NVR. (They show up in the add camera section but when I add it, I get the below error)

It knows a camera is there because it asks me if I want to add it but I get the error “device type problem”
the camera I’m trying to use is a Hikvision one, I’ve installed a non Qvis camera before and got it working but can’t seem to do it this time.

What am I doing wrong?

I’m just going by a quick online search here as it’s not something I’ve done myself with a Hikvision camera but something I’m familiar with using other camera brands.

Go to Network - Advanced - Integration Protocol.

Enable ONVIF and create a onvif user.

Use the ONVIF user credentials when adding the camera manually to your NVR.

The port should be 80.

Hi,

I have same problem to add HIK vision cameras to QVIS NVR server.

I did enable the onvif protocol and created an onvif user as administrator. The server does says operation successful, but once added the server locks me out and I have to disconnect the server from the network and remove the added camera manually from the server GUI.

Both QVIS server and HIK cameras have fairly recent FW / SW versions. However same client has older QVIS servers and HIK cameras which work fine together.

QVIS support stated that HIK cameras do not have genuine ONVIF protocol and the server is seeing them as intrusion.

Any ideas on what I can try before having to change all cameras to other brand?

Hi @marks

What QVIS support has told you is probably correct because Hikvision did have issues with ONVIF a couple of years ago and I think all recent camera models have not been using true ONVIF and so that could be causing problems when linking to the QVIS server.

Back