01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with mobile access to my Hikvision DS-7208HQHI-K2/A DVR?

Gos

Hello everyone I am looking for a solution to the problem.
I can watch my cctv on the screen from the DVR, and on the phone via applications.
But already by phone with mobile internet -No- it turns out that something won't let me into the dvr,
via wifi at home / near the house, no problem,
and after switching to mobile data ***** Pops up failed to connect.
Something needs to be set, I'm trying to set it up with youtube videos but it doesn't work
Anyone will help me.

Last edited:
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hello everyone I am looking for a solution to the problem.
I can watch my cctv on the screen from the DVR, and on the phone via applications.
But already by phone with mobile internet -No- it turns out that something won't let me into the dvr,
via wifi at home / near the house, no problem,
and after switching to mobile data ***** Pops up failed to connect.
Something needs to be set, I'm trying to set it up with youtube videos but it doesn't work
Anyone will help me.
Which App are you using?

Hi @Gos

What brand / model is your NVR?
And what mobile phone app are you using?

If Hikvision / Hik-Connect, make sure that you have added the DVR to your Hik-Connect as per the steps in this guide (instead of by scanning the QR code):

HI
Hikvision DS-7208HQHI-K2/A
FIRMA (FIRMA)
Samsung (SamsunG) S20FE
Aplication on the phone

iVMS-4500 latest version.

In iVMS-4500, you need to forward the DVR's ports on your router to be able to access it from mobile data. This guide explains how:

However, we recommend using Hik-Connect, which is the newer app and does not require port forwarding to be set up for this - please see the guide in my last post which explains how to use this app.

Back