01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with setup of a new 4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera added to my ds-7608ni-i2 NVR?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member

I bought and fitted aa 4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU. There is an option in settings to check a tick box and change to 265+ is there an advantage to clicking this box? Nvr is a hikvision ds-7608ni-i2.​

Also what's the best set up for these cameras. It is at the front of the house under quite a bright led street light.

Would this camera have a microphone and how can I tell its working?
any guides to the settings for the camera?

I bought and fitted aa 4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU. There is an option in settings to check a tick box and change to 265+ is there an advantage to clicking this box? Nvr is a hikvision ds-7608ni-i2.​

Also what's the best set up for these cameras. It is at the front of the house under quite a bright led street light.

Would this camera have a microphone and how can I tell its working?
any guides to the settings for the camera?
H265+ uses a different higher level of compression to use less storage but I avoid it as that’s the only benefit.

If there’s a bright streetlight you should be able to disable the supplemental LED completely. You’ll do this in the camera settings via its web page as opposed to the NVRs menu.

Settings wise the first recommendation would be to speed up the shutter to 1/100 sec if the nighttime light permits to avoid motion blur on walking targets. (See my recent comments on post “choosing cameras for my home”) wait until it’s dark so you can see the effect in real-time of any changes you make.

Yes the U in your model denotes it has a microphone. In the Video Parameters settings of the NVR use the drop down selection to change from Video to Video & Audio for the main stream. Then select the sub stream settings and do the same. That will ensure you can hear audio when using the app on your phone if the sub stream is in use. In recording schedule click the advanced button and tick the Record Audio option in the pop up box before saving. Finally in the cameras webpage menu, you might want to lower the mic volume as it’s a bit loud by default at 80. I tend to try 60. Enabling the Environmental Filter checkbox will cut down on background wind noise.

Thanks for the reply. A great bit of information to work to.
I have not attached my Internet to the system yet as its still connected to my swann. So I guess I can not set up the hikconnect just yet. I may do it today to check the camera speed shutter.
Is it hik connect that I use. Why can't you do it on the nvr it's self?

Thanks for the reply. A great bit of information to work to.
I have not attached my Internet to the system yet as its still connected to my swann. So I guess I can not set up the hikconnect just yet. I may do it today to check the camera speed shutter.
Is it hik connect that I use. Why can't you do it on the nvr it's self?
So with regard to most of the camera settings you can do them directly on the NVR and you don't need to be connected to internet or even the local network. The setting of the main and sub stream to "Video & Audio", the recording schedule advanced to "Record Audio" and as you've an I series with version 4 firmware, you can also set the camera shutter speed from the NVR local menu (when we say "local menu" or "local GUI" we're just referring to using the mouse and locally connected monitor/TV)

The settings on the NVR vs settings on the Camera often causes a bit of confusion to new users. Applying settings on the NVR saves them in the connected camera NOT the NVR itself. It's best to set them using the NVR. It's just that there are a few more advanced settings that are available from the cameras own menu (via it's webpage) and can't be set using the NVR. The settings that you'll need to connect directly to the camera for AFTER you've set the rest using the NVR are - disabling the ColorVu LED completely (I think though this may have changed), altering the cameras microphone level and environmental noise filter.

All settings whether connecting to the NVR or directly to the camera can be carried out once the NVR is connected to your local network - it doesn't need any connection to the internet. You'll just use a web browser from a PC also connected to the same network. You will use Hik-Connect just to enable remote viewing of your system from a smartphone rather than for any configuration.

Which app do I download for Android s20

Which app do I download for Android s20
For all configuration you'll just use a web browser on PC if possible. For remote viewing you can get either Hik Connect or iVMS-4500. Hik-Connect tends to be preferred as iVMS-4500 rarely gets updates and isn't as full featured. Due to restrictions you may find that newer versions are available on Hikvisions own app download site rather than the Google Play Store.

This one?

Also when I open the PC what do I type to see my system?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-102159_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-102159_Hik-Connect.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 178
This one?

Also when I open the PC what do I type to see my system?
That's Hik-Connect but not sure what version. The newest version will be on the Hikvision App Store.

To access your system via a web browser just type in its IP address in your web browser for example http://192.168.0.100 or whatever IP yours has, then login with the admin user and password of the NVR.

I'd recommend 2 things before you start:

1 - set a fixed IP for your NVR in the network settings. Don't leave it to obtain one automatically from the router.
2 - search this forum for the guide to setting up Hik Connect - don't just fumble around with the settings. Although it's fairly straight forward, the forum is full of posts with people who've had issues. It's easier to get it right first time following a guide than trying to sort it out later when you've registered it and it's not working. This is from the Hikvision How To section How to use Hik-Connect

Great thanks. I set the fixed ip from how to on here when I did the initial set up.

I have registered and trying to add my device keeps saying device off line. No search results found.

If I try to log in under webpage with my ip address it says password or username wrong.
My nvr device name is what I am using and the password I have confirmed on my device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-125952_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-125952_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 203
Ok so your username was "admin" for the webpage you guessed right!

Where it says "Platform Access" you need to change that from "isup" to "Hik-Connect" on the drop down

If you've not port forwarded your router you'll also need to check that in the network settings section that UPnP is enabled

OK I have enabled it. Its checked and in manual. But still I can not find my device to add it. Keeps saying off line
Try Auto. The table should tell you if the UPnP is working and forwarding the ports as needed - it relies on UPnP also being enabled in your router I believe. I will say that I'm no expert when it comes to the Hik Connect service (that's why I pointed you to the guide earlier!). I use the app but only use the Hik Connect service itself on my own system. On others I install, I alter the NVR ports and forward them in the router adding the system to the Hik Connect app using a third party DNS service or static IP address.

Bingo there's your issue on the last shot and perhaps why your offline.

You need to add the DNS server addresses. The NVR needs this to resolve litedev.hikconnect.com into an IP address. Set primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4

A couple of things from the other screenshots you provided:

1 - On the screen setup you can set the split screens however you want. Lets say it's a 3 x 3 screen and you only have 7 cameras - you would click the X in the two unused windows. That will populate them with the Hikvision logo rather than "no video"
EDIT: Also enable audio output or you won't hear the sound from the camera when viewing/playing back on the monitor/TV

2 - It's important to set up your time date settings and NTP server settings. Firstly make sure you've selected the correct region - GMT and enter the correct time manually as close as possible. Then, set the daylight savings manually to last Sunday in March at 1AM, last Sunday in October 2AM and the offset to 60 mins. Finally once that's done, for the NTP server I set mine to uk.pool.ntp.org leave the port at 123 and the interval at 60 mins. That way your time will always be correct (the NVR will also keep the cameras correct)

Bingo there's your issue on the last shot and perhaps why your offline.

You need to add the DNS server addresses. The NVR needs this to resolve litedev.hikconnect.com into an IP address. Set primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4
Your a star. Found it.

I will do the other settings later. Downloaded and checked it works on my s20. Not as clear on the screen as it is on the TV though. TV is only q080 and my phone 4k.

I will do the other settings later. Downloaded and checked it works on my s20. Not as clear on the screen as it is on the TV though. TV is only q080 and my phone 4k.

Ps there is nothing on the screen shots that people can use to hack me is there?

With the image on the phone screen you can click from Basic to HD

Back