01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with setup of a new 4MP DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera added to my ds-7608ni-i2 NVR?

Just 1 more lol. I can hear sound, but I can not talk through it. Is that right?

I think it's recording in daylight at 25fps isn't it better to have it higher?
Also is it worth putting wdr on?

Take a look at the two links I've added below - they'll explain it better than I can and show examples. WDR is an option to help even out the exposure - balancing light and dark parts of an image. It can help bring out detail in darker shadow areas or reduce "blown" highlights. I'm in favour of not using it unless it's needed as it can leave the colours looking a little wishy washy. One example of where it would be handy is a camera inside a shop viewing customers entering - it would prevent the customer being in shadow due to strong backlight.

Frame rate is how many individual images one second of video is composed from - so 25 FPS is as high as you'll get on this and indeed most Hikvision cameras. You're really unlikely to need your frame rate set to more than 12 FPS and you're just using more storage space. Then again I myself have my own cameras set to 25....Take a look here - Frame Rate Guide for Video Surveillance

Shutter speed on the other hand is how long the image sensor is exposed to light each time it opens and that is what is important to prevent motion blur. Take a look here for an explanation - Shutter Speed / Exposure Tutorial

I think if I'm correct, I changed the shutter speed fro. 1/12 to 1/ 50. A post above suggested 1/100. I also think the shutter speed went up alot higher than 1/100

I think if I'm correct, I changed the shutter speed fro. 1/12 to 1/ 50. A post above suggested 1/100. I also think the shutter speed went up alot higher than 1/100
It’s a trade off. Double the shutter speed halves the light. Yeah it was my post probably. Personally I use 1/50 sec as the slowest I’ll go but prefer 1/100 sec if the available light permits. Wait until it’s fully dark and have a play with the setting to see what’s possible.

The value you set is the cap which the camera will use and not go slower. It will automatically be faster if light permits. In normal daylight it won’t be using 1/100 sec even if that’s what you set…the camera will raise it to keep the image from being overexposed otherwise the image would be completely white/blown. You could happily set it to 1/5000 sec during daytime and the picture will be fine but at night it would be just totally black.

Last edited:
I just need to figure out how to set a trigger area for my camera. It seems to draw in a blue line and then leaves a #1# when I right click. On the web videos it shows a box section in red.
I want my light to flash when triggering the area.

I just need to figure out how to set a trigger area for my camera. It seems to draw in a blue line and then leaves a #1# when I right click. On the web videos it shows a box section in red.
I want my light to flash when triggering the area.
The video must be old where you had to drag a box with the mouse and then add/delete individual cells which took forever. On the new firmware you click at the start point and follow your way around the area you want to cover without crossing lines or going off screen then right click to join the last to first point and click "stop drawing"

Trying to do this. But my light never flashed.

Does the camera record sound? Just viewing my videos back and don't hear anything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 166
We had a person wandering about last night, but because it was on perm record It took ages to find it. I need to set up motion detection.
Is there a guide to set it all up so that it captures when things move past.
Can I get my light to flash when triggered? The light isn't on at night due to having enough street light.

We had a person wandering about last night, but because it was on perm record It took ages to find it. I need to set up motion detection.
Is there a guide to set it all up so that it captures when things move past.
Can I get my light to flash when triggered? The light isn't on at night due to having enough street light.
There’s plenty of info on this forum. Forget the light for now and focus on the basics.

For the motion you simply need to draw the shape (as you were yesterday) in the setup. Put a tick in the Human box and I usually set sensitivity to 40. If it just so you can find a person in view that’s it - nothing else needed.

In playback click Smart and tick the human icon - your playback timeline will show the markers in red and skip from event to event. If you know the rough time you can click anywhere in the timeline and it jump forward to the first detected event after that point. If you see something of interest click normal and it will continue without skipping. You can click between smart and normal playback like that.

Wow. It seems these things have loads of stuff.

Wow. It seems these things have loads of stuff.
The camera model you've gone for is a good one and the I series has the better performance and features. There's a lot to learn/find out as you've found. My advice would be to spend some time clicking through (initially without altering anything) each of the menu headings, options and buttons so that you can familiarise yourself and get used to where everything is. The manual is large but is always worth referring to in the first instance if you're not sure what something is or does. I've attached the pdf of the I series manual. As new firmware updates add features and changes it may not be 100% accurate and include everything.

Attachments

• I Series Manual.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 222
Back