01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with smart play back from my Hikvision NVR?

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Still trying to establish with event set up triggers the smart human and vehicle markers.
Is it set up in the motion detection in basic event or is it in scene change detection in smart event or is it in the intrusion detection in smart event?

I can search triggers when I draw the line on the playback, but if I do playback with human and vehicle then they are no markers.

Still trying to establish with event set up triggers the smart human and vehicle markers.
Is it set up in the motion detection in basic event or is it in scene change detection in smart event or is it in the intrusion detection in smart event?

I can search triggers when I draw the line on the playback, but if I do playback with human and vehicle then they are no markers.
You can set the human detection on motion detection, line crossing, intrusion detection. It sounds as though you've not configured the events and the NVR is simply displaying markers from data the camera has sent with the video (Dual VCA Enabled)

All you are doing when you draw a line on the playback to get the markers, is doing a smart search, which is picking up events retrospectively whether human or not. If you've not configured the events for human filtering in the first instance, you'll find that as soon as you click the human icon after doing a smart search the markers will disappear.

Note - if you enable the filter to human only/vehicle only/human and vehicle when setting up the alarm in the configuration, you can't switch off that filter during playback and show all events - as the camera will only have sent events to the NVR according to the filter set.

Last edited:
Do you set all these in the nvr or on the camera it's self. I'm sure I've done both. Everything enabled etc.

When smart is selected all markers vanish and the playback is frozen. When line is drawn all features are there for detection. Set to full page all the time. This is local nvr

Attachments

• 20210703_125647.jpg
    20210703_125647.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 324
  • 20210703_125929.jpg
    20210703_125929.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 312
  • 20210703_131033.jpg
    20210703_131033.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 337
  • 20210703_131911.jpg
    20210703_131911.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 326
  • 20210703_131921.jpg
    20210703_131921.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 375
Everything needed can (and should) be set from the NVR. The line you're drawing is just a result of the NVR retrospectively searching the previously recorded video. The last of your 5 images shows it working - all the markers are there without a line drawn? It's probably because in image 4 you have Human and Vehicle selected in the playback filter - that's not necessary as the events are already filtered by the setting you applied in your motion detection configuration window when setting it up - the camera is only triggering events when there's Human or Vehicle activity.

Everything needed can (and should) be set from the NVR. The line you're drawing is just a result of the NVR retrospectively searching the previously recorded video. The last of your 5 images shows it working - all the markers are there without a line drawn? It's probably because in image 4 you have Human and Vehicle selected in the playback filter - that's not necessary as the events are already filtered by the setting you applied in your motion detection configuration window when setting it up - the camera is only triggering events when there's Human or Vehicle activity.
Image 5 shows it only picking up people and vehicles after 6 am and up to 9pm.
If I draw the line it captures in through the night.

Have you checked the arming schedule on your alarm to make sure it's set to 24/7? It is by default unless you've altered it.

Drawing a line on screen while using Smart Search during Smart Playback is only searching the recorded video AFTER the event - it is completely unrelated to the settings programmed in your event configuration. It's only available if Dual VCA is enabled, it will show everything that passes that line not just human or vehicle and none of the sensitivity, minimum/maximum sizes or target validity settings apply. Using the Smart Search like that is intended so that you can search for something that isn't human or vehicle filtered or maybe to draw a line in a different part of the screen to the one setup within the event configuration.

Personally to avoid the confusion, I'd start by disabling Dual VCA temporarily as it's irrelevant. Get your events configured and working first so that they are displaying on the timeline. Once you're happy it's working, you can switch Dual VCA back on again if you want (if your alarms are configured correctly it shouldn't be necessary really). It looks to me as though everything is working as it should but that for some reason the events are not working on a night so I'd start by checking your schedule.

Have you checked the arming schedule on your alarm to make sure it's set to 24/7? It is by default unless you've altered it.

Drawing a line on screen while using Smart Search during Smart Playback is only searching the recorded video AFTER the event - it is completely unrelated to the settings programmed in your event configuration. It's only available if Dual VCA is enabled, it will show everything that passes that line not just human or vehicle and none of the sensitivity, minimum/maximum sizes or target validity settings apply. Using the Smart Search like that is intended so that you can search for something that isn't human or vehicle filtered or maybe to draw a line in a different part of the screen to the one setup within the event configuration.

Personally to avoid the confusion, I'd start by disabling Dual VCA temporarily as it's irrelevant. Get your events configured and working first so that they are displaying on the timeline. Once you're happy it's working, you can switch Dual VCA back on again if you want (if your alarms are configured correctly it shouldn't be necessary really). It looks to me as though everything is working as it should but that for some reason the events are not working on a night so I'd start by checking your schedule.
How do I fine dual vca?

What's it do then. What's it used for?
As I explained in the second paragraph of my last message. If Dual VCA is Enabled, movement data is embedded with the camera stream sent to the NVR. If you then want to search for something outside of your configured motion detection or line crossing events, it allows the NVR to search through that data and find the "event" but it will show everything even if a moth flies through the line. Going back to your earlier post:

Do you know that vehicles and people were present after 9PM?

As I explained in the second paragraph of my last message. If Dual VCA is Enabled, movement data is embedded with the camera stream sent to the NVR. If you then want to search for something outside of your configured motion detection or line crossing events, it allows the NVR to search through that data and find the "event" but it will show everything even if a moth flies through the line. Going back to your earlier post:

Do you know that vehicles and people were present after 9PM?
Yes. Once I drew the line it caught 9 events from people to vehicles

Back