01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hi Watch Help

Sparkydude101

Hello everyone ,
Hopefully one of you knowledgeable experts will be able to help me out with this issue. I bought 2 hiwatch IP d140 dome camerras and an NVR to go with them a few months ago. I got carried away and bought what i thought was a useful test set to help me to set them up onsite aswell. I read the blurb and said you have to enable the cameras with the SADP tool , which I did after some struggling. Great i thought. Connected my test set and managed to get a picture and so thought nothing more of it. Fast forward to last week when I installed them in my sister in laws ,connected them to the NVR , and the sky network router . This is where the problem lies. I can not see the cameras at all . I have a feeling its something to do with me fiddling with them at home on my network and not through the NVR. I set passwords for them in the SADP tool and now these are either wrong or not working. I have defaulted the NVR to factory settings, but still nothing from the cameras. Please can someone advise what to do next as i am getting to the end of my tether and considering a Swann system LoL .
All help much appreciated

Nick

If you add inactive cameras to an NVR it will detect and configure them.
If you've already activated them and set IP addresses and passwords etc using SADP it won't be able to.
It's probably simplest to reset all to factory defaults (inactive) - the NVR and cameras, and start afresh.
Add the NVR to your network, then plug-in one camera.
Check that.
Add another.
And so on.

If you add inactive cameras to an NVR it will detect and configure them.
If you've already activated them and set IP addresses and passwords etc using SADP it won't be able to.
It's probably simplest to reset all to factory defaults (inactive) - the NVR and cameras, and start afresh.
Add the NVR to your network, then plug-in one camera.
Check that.
Add another.
And so on.

Thanks, how do i reset the cameras to default ?? Pressume i need to use the SADP tool . would i need to use the password (which i have forgotten) or can i just set the camera to inactive on the SADP tool and then plug them into the router to activate them ?? As you can probably tell this is the first time using these Hi watch cameras and its all a bit of a steep learning curve .

Nick

Do they have a reset pushbutton?
Typically adjacent to the memory card slot if there is one.
We don't sell Hiwatch, hence why I don't know.

To reset with SADP you would need to know the camera's password.
If you have forgotten your passwords, you will need to contact your reseller and go through a password reset procedure.

Back