01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect App Notification Changes

Parmageddon86

Hi All,

I've got an NVR with a bunch of IP Hikvision cameras attached to it, my notifications using the Hik Connect IOS App have worked fine for the last two years. Though today when I was setting this up on my partners phone I think I removed the device from both of our Hik Connect accounts. I've since readded it using the scan QR code method, (which from memory, that must've been how I set it up the first time two years ago...?)

Since i've re-added it, the notifications aren't giving me the same level of information. They used to nicely display which camera had triggered the intrusion detection ("From camera2" in the example below)... but since I made the changes around midday today, now it's not giving me that information anymore. Instead its just displaying the name of the NVR "from: DS- CCTV Mobile"....which is really annoying!

Does anyone know what i might've messed up for this to have changed? and any idea how I can get it back to displaying camera information etc? As far as I know, i've not changed any thing on the NVR itself yet. I just wonder if its something I need to change back.

thanks for any help, really appreciate it!

ParmaG

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Have you tried restarting your NVR?

This changed for me a month or two ago. I think that Hikvision probably made an update on their servers because just before this change occurred, my NVR was showing as offline in the app for a few hours but when it came back online, the notifications did exactly what you are describing.

Back