• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Hik-Connect app Notifications and Playback

Jason Dutch

Thread starter #1
Hi, can you help with the 2 problems I have:-

1. On my Hit-Connect app I get my Notifications but now image, just a bell Icon... any reason why? I haven't change any settings, it just stopped about a month ago, I'v just updated the app and still the same.

also just checked my email account and dont have anything there too. I logged into my NVR and ran a test, and received that email all fine.

and

2. How can I play back downloaded files? I did have H.264+ on but Iv since changed it to this (see attached) I use a mac and have so much trouble viewing anything. do my setting look ok?

Can you help

Attachments

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
The settings look OK.

Step 1 is always to bring all your Hikvision devices up to the latest firmware.

Check their portal for the latest firmware for each device:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Jason Dutch

Thread starter #3
Hi Phil

Will do this the weekend, but in the mean time can you suggest how I can play the downloaded files? as you now I use a mac and have VLC but it doesn't open in that or quicktime...? I cant even convert it in HandBrake.

Thanks

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Phil

Will do this the weekend, but in the mean time can you suggest how I can play the downloaded files? as you now I use a mac and have VLC but it doesn't open in that or quicktime...? I cant even convert it in HandBrake.

Thanks
Hi Jason,

We recommend using Hikvision's own VSPlayer - HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Jason Dutch

Thread starter #5
So just thought I'd download VSPlayer V2.0.0.4 (for Mac OS 64-bit) and loaded the mp4 file and now get this message about entering a correct key of the file???

Silly me, I needed my PW hahah fixed that part

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dan, is there a way I can view the footage without the smart events boxes (see pic with green and blue lines)
Hi James,

You should be able to disable any picture overlay information by right-clicking the playback window and then go to the below menu and untick the correct overlay (I'm not sure which will apply to your setup but it will probably be VCA)

Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 10.25.54.png