01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect app Notifications and Playback

Jason Dutch

Hi, can you help with the 2 problems I have:-

1. On my Hit-Connect app I get my Notifications but now image, just a bell Icon... any reason why? I haven't change any settings, it just stopped about a month ago, I'v just updated the app and still the same.

also just checked my email account and dont have anything there too. I logged into my NVR and ran a test, and received that email all fine.

and

2. How can I play back downloaded files? I did have H.264+ on but Iv since changed it to this (see attached) I use a mac and have so much trouble viewing anything. do my setting look ok?

Can you help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 17.19.28.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 17.19.28.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_3174.PNG
    IMG_3174.PNG
    146.8 KB · Views: 700
The settings look OK.

Step 1 is always to bring all your Hikvision devices up to the latest firmware.

Check their portal for the latest firmware for each device:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

Hi Phil

Will do this the weekend, but in the mean time can you suggest how I can play the downloaded files? as you now I use a mac and have VLC but it doesn't open in that or quicktime...? I cant even convert it in HandBrake.

Thanks

Hi Phil

Will do this the weekend, but in the mean time can you suggest how I can play the downloaded files? as you now I use a mac and have VLC but it doesn't open in that or quicktime...? I cant even convert it in HandBrake.

Thanks

Hi Jason,

We recommend using Hikvision's own VSPlayer - HIKVISION UK PORTAL

So just thought I'd download VSPlayer V2.0.0.4 (for Mac OS 64-bit) and loaded the mp4 file and now get this message about entering a correct key of the file???

Silly me, I needed my PW hahah fixed that part

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 10.07.22.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 10.07.22.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Hi Dan, is there a way I can view the footage without the smart events boxes (see pic with green and blue lines)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 10.17.50.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 10.17.50.png
    848.3 KB · Views: 348
Hi Dan, is there a way I can view the footage without the smart events boxes (see pic with green and blue lines)

Hi James,

You should be able to disable any picture overlay information by right-clicking the playback window and then go to the below menu and untick the correct overlay (I'm not sure which will apply to your setup but it will probably be VCA)

Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 10.25.54.png

Back