01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect HIK Connect App on iPhone - Issue with Playback

Asim

Hi all,

Apologies if this does duplicate a question elsewhere. I have searched through the forum for a similar issue but have not found it.

I have 8 HIKVision cameras wired into a Hikvision DS-7608NI recorder. The recorder is connected to . 7 were installed together (DS-2CD2322WD-I/G) and 1 anti-vandal camera added later (I don't have the model number as yet). The issue I have is with the anti-vandal camera and specifically when I try to playback via the iPhone App. The video will not load for the period between 820am and 320pm displaying an error stating 'network unstable reconnecting'.

Playback from this camera is fine using a desktop PC client (also over the same wifi network) and via the screen hardwired into the recorder.

It is more of an annoyance than a hindrance as I have the fallback option of the direct screen or the PC but I am a bit stuck when I have to check things remotely. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You probably have a limited ISP uplink which is restricting the playback of colour video.
(The last camera you added is probably higher resolution than the others)

If you reduce the recorded resolution you'll probably find a setting where it will work, but that rather defeats the purpose of purchasing a high-res camera.

There are settings in the App which try to help with this ; fluid/balanced etc.

Use a service such as speedtest.net to check your broadband speeds at site.
It is the uplink that is important for when you are trying to view video when you are away from site.

I have exactly the same issue. Just out of curiosity are you able to try it on an Android device. I have been told that it specific to iPhone. There have been two updates since this issue first started and still hasn't cured it for me. Occasionally i will get playback to work but normally I get the following error :-

• Network is unstable. Connecting again (This happens about 85-92%) (Attachment 1)
  • Then after trying again, I get
  • Playing Failed. (260025) (Attachment 1)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 5,426
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 11,308
Thanks all,

I'm just picking up on the issue again so will feedback on your recommendations asap.

@Sparx - I have an android device with the app installed so will give that a go and let you know.

Hi,

Upload speed from PC:
5.45mbps:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7879673874.png

Upload speed from iPhone:
5.39mbps:

I have tried from an Android device and performance is equally inconsistent on the latest camera albeit with a different error message 'Video playback failed. Error code (260015).'

I haven't been able to find the fluid/balanced settings in the app as yet so if you could let me know where they are, that would be great :). I'll look at port forwarding - I'm guessing that is a setting from the main console.

Thanks,

Hi all,

Even though it has been a while since I started this thread, I thought I would feedback my conclusions/resolution of the problem.

I encountered a further issue when watching playback on iVMS-4200 on my PC over wifi so ended up upgrading to the latest version of the software via the HIK website, deleting the device in the management console and re-adding it. This brought the cameras back online on the PC and after changing some basic config (naming conventions, admin password, creating a newly named group for the cameras)
I set about checking the HIK vision app on my iPhone - I was at home so it was running over wifi.

Needless to say the previous configuration was no longer working as I had removed the previous group that the app was referencing so I scanned the QR Code and everything loaded as expected. I also noticed that the performance had improved markedly and the previous playback issue I reported had also gone away - I was pretty amazed at the playback speeds I was getting. Unfortunately, my smugness/relief got the better of me and I didn't test it over 4g by disabling wifi on my phone.

When I left the house and checked the cameras over 4g, my smugness evaporated/relief as the group was greyed out in the app and wouldn't load. I concluded there must be a setting or some config somewhere that would make the cameras available over 4g so after hunting the internet high and low, reading several documents and watching endless YouTube videos, I logged onto the HIK-Connect site and discovered I didn't have a device logged - once I did this by adding the serial number, I returned to the app, added an online device and hey presto, I could run it over 4g. The issue with the playback on camera 8 remains with 4g but I kind of get that given the data is being retrieved from a cloud service rather than directly - it probably just can't handle it.

When I run the app, I now have two groups, one for wifi and one for 4g so my playback issue is resolved as I can access it all over wifi from my iphone. To cut a long story short, the installer had configured the app to run from the online feed hence the performance issue. I don;t know why the device became unregistered and required re-adding to HIK Connect but alls well that ends well and the key is playback performs better over wifi!

Still doesn’t work for me. Playback on the apps.
I use EZ-Viz and Hik Connext Apps on a IPhone X-Max. So plenty of bandwidth on a full 4g signal.
I use ubiquity network Gateway / Switch / Accesspoints x2 to virgin media hub3 and 300meg. Have dns set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 I can use the actual screen connected to the back of NVR and that works fine. Use a windows pc on lan. Works fine. Use safari on iPhone but can’t get to website to do playback

Found the issue. On the NVR
In network, UPNP
Ports are set to 80. 8000 etc on the incoming. but then they were set to really high values on the outgoing.
So I changed the drop down box from automatic to manual and the ports changed from high values to the standard 80. 8000, 443, 32404 and 45885
Which is what I have setup in my ubiquity gateway. So I can get to my Hikvision NVR from a web browser now

Thanks for sharing what you found, hopefully it will help somebody else :)

Found the issue.
In network, UPNP
Ports are set to 80. 8000 etc on the incoming. but then they were set to really high values on the outgoing.
So I changed the drop down box from automatic to manual and the forward ports changed from high values to the standard 80. 8000, 443, 32404 and

Attachments

• 521FFD62-559E-47A5-BC38-D05CB5F02988.jpeg
    521FFD62-559E-47A5-BC38-D05CB5F02988.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9,620
I found there are some extra hik connect command ports that have to be opened in the 9000 range can find them on the nvr or dvr(found on nvr under nat settings). Also on apple devices only had to turn on the remote ddns option in the hikconnect app and put your login details in with your server port and http port number. Worked fine after that

Back