01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect App v.4.15.0.1167978 - official confirmed bug with HikVision Value Express NVRs

XaleX

Hi Guys. June 11 I spent 4 hours trying to find the issue with NVR reboot each time I try to connect thru the Hik-Connect app v.4.15 on iOS or Android smartphones.
I tested 3 different NVRs from HikVision Value Express ERI-K104-P4 and ERI-K108-P8 KITs just out of box. All of them have the same FW: V3.4.100 build 190222.

NVRs work stable with cameras, no issues no problems. They are available and work perfectly and stable by direct IP/domain/8000 port access thru Hik-Connect and iVMS-4500 iOS and Android apps last versions. But each time I try to connect using Hik-Connect Platform Access - devices hang up and reboot immediately. I called HikVision US support, and they confirmed that this is a known issue for Hik-Connect app v.4.15 and they are looking for a solution.

I hope this info will be helpful for someone to do not lose time.

Thank you for posting, it is hard to get update on this anywhere. I called Hikvision support and he confirmed many people were reporting the rebooting issue when accessing the live view on the Hik-Connect app. He told me to send an email with my ticket number to Hikvision support. Support sent a reply saying that this is not a Hikvision product. I am using the ERI-K108-P8 kit.

An update as of June 21 from Hikvision support is that they are aware of the issue and working on update. For now, workaround is to use iVMS 4500 Lite app (iOS) or downgrade the Android app.

I tested iVMS-4500 app with Hik-Connect account and the devices work ok with no issues. Everything stable. So now, will use iVMS-4500.

I tested iVMS-4500 app with Hik-Connect account and the devices work ok with no issues. Everything stable. So now, will use iVMS-4500.
I am trying the iVMS-4500 Lite app on my iPhone and yes it works. Not as polished as Hik-Connect but for now it will suffice.

Today I got this email:
---
Dear clients,

Hikvision recently became aware of a technical issue that is currently affecting our ERI-K NVR VALUE EXPRESS KITS. We have identified the source as a compatibility failure between the latest NVR firmware and version 4.15.00 of the Hik-Connect app; the error causes the NVR to restart when a user tries to live stream through the app. At this time, this only affects P2P and Hik-Connect domain servers and not third-party IP or DDNS.

Our engineers are actively working on the development of a solution and we appreciate your patience during this time. In the meantime, the following live streaming options have been tested and found to work normally:
  • Live streaming via iVMS-4500 Hik-Connect
  • Live streaming via iVMS-4200 Hik-Connect
  • Live streaming via the Hik-Connect app v4.14 or earlier
We will provide you with updates as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Please visit our website for details: https://ca.hikvision.com/sites/default/files/tb/tb_-_nvr_rebooting_issue_with_hik-connect_v4.15.pdf

If you need more information, please contact your local Hikvision representative or Hikvision Technical Support at +1 855-655-9888.
---

Maybe you need to register as a partner or integrator? or sign up for updates on the official website?

Today I installed the new version - Hik-Connect - End User (AppStore iOS, 4.15.1.11.83.790) - no problems, everything works fine.

There was a new Android version made available at the Hikvision App store yesterday afternoon:

1624610943852.png

Email from HikVision, June 25, 2021:
---
Dear clients,

We recently shared details of a technical issue that was affecting our ERI-K NVR EXPRESS VALUE KITS. The source has been identified as a compatibility failure between the latest NVR firmware and version 4.15.00 of the Hik-Connect application; the error caused the NVR to restart when the user tried to live stream through the app. This affected the P2P and Hik-Connect domain servers.

We will want to let you know that the problem has been resolved. Our engineers have released a new update to solve the restart technical issue affecting ERI-K NVR EXPRESS VALUE KITS. The new version, 4.15.1 of the Hik-Connect app, has been tested and is compatible with iOS14.6 search LAN devices. The new patch is available through the App Store for iOS users. Android users can access it through the QR code below.

ERI K Series Reboot Update Link

Thank you for your patience and continued support.
---

From their website by this link:

Hik-Connect - for End user​

Android
4.15.1.0623(117) 2021-06-24 16:51:43

Description​

The Hik-Connect app is designed to work with Hikvision series DVRs, NVRs, Cameras, Video intercom devices and Security control panels. With this app, you can watch real-time surveillance video or play it back from your home, office, workshop or elsewhere at any time. When alarm of your device is triggered, you can get an instant notification from Hik-Connect app. Key Features:
1. Real-time monitoring with PTZ control
2. Video playback
3. Two-way audio intercom
4. Instant alarm notifications with pictures and videos
5. Answer calls from doorbells/video intercom devices
6. Arm security control panel remotely
7. Share devices to others with limited permissions
8. Convenient and secure fingerprint login

Changelog​

1. Now you can check In/Out on the Mobile Client
2. You can change the settings on answering video intercom calls in More → Settings → Auto Answer
3. You can turn off the supplement light or set to auto adjust and set a limit for maximum luminance.
4. Improved Noise Reduction for Two-Way Audio.
5. Your installer can set up a Hik-ProConnect Box as a proxy device to connect devices that do not support Hik-Connect service to the service.
6. Some features may not be available for all regions.

Back