01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hik-Connect - Bell Icon? Let's get to the bottom of it...

Munzz

Hi Everyone,

I know this has been raised a few times but I'm yet to see an answer or fix.

What am I talking about?

On the Hik-Connect app, SOME notifications are received as a bell icon instead of a thumbnail of intrusion activity. The footage DOES still play as per normal, however. See below:

IMG_0309.PNG

What's the setup?

1 x DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)
1 x 1tb Purple HDD
1 x DS-2CD2383G0-I
1 x DS-2CD2363G0-I

Both cameras are continuously recording AND set up for Intrusion Alerts. Both cameras are on the latest FW's (issue happened on previous FW's too), recording at maximum resolution and at 6fps.

The NVR is connected to my switch via CAT5E, ISP is Virgin and network speed as of now is 77.1 down and 6.85 up (this test was performed via WiFi so would expect a wired connection to perform better). I have also tried different patch cables (CAT6 incl) and a direct connection to my router rather than switch, the issue still remains.

Both cameras suffer the same issue, 1 camera is connect via CAT6 and the other 1 via CAT5e external.

ALSO, this has happened now with x2 NVR's. I received a replacement earlier this year (for a different issue, abnormal shutdown) but both throw the dreaded bell icon.

Any suggestions!?

Hi, sorry i don't have a solution but i do have the same problem with a pretty similar setup. I DONT have continuous recording but i DO have motion and intrusion recording.

1 x DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) CAT5E
1 x 1tb Purple HDD
1 x DS-2CD2385G1-I CAT5E
1 x DS-2CD2365G1-I CAT6

Virgin Media 370 Down / 37 Up

Interesting that you’re a Virgin Media user too.

Is anyone else that has experienced this a customer of Virgin too?

I’ve stumbled across this topic presenting a similar issue:

I actually upgraded my NVR to the recently released FW and still had the same problem. The NVR also rebooted a few times oddly enough so I downgraded.

I also do not have the “capture” menu that @Dan screenshot.

I also get the same thing happening with the same NVR. Thinking back to maybe 6/12 months ago, it didn't do it then, so I'm guessing a firmware update to either the camera or the NVR has aggravated it.

I also upgraded the NVR to v4 recently, and I've also downgraded now because of the crashes. I did however find that this issue wasn't happening with v4, until it crashed that is!

I've actually been having a play with it today to try and improve it, not sure if I have through, but I'll see how it goes for a while.

Hi Everyone

I have the same problem with My Hikvision NVR
Most of the time the bell icon appears, but after a few days the thumbnail appears
But without making any changes or modifications
What's the reason؟؟

Same here k series nvr 6 cameras added 7th camera and bell icons appear on all notifications. Was like that for a week then without making any changes to camera, nvr or iap icons back to normal.

A Toyah Willcox moment if you know what I mean.

Back