01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect custom notification sound

fredkruger

In the Hik Connect app I'm trying to use a custom notification sound with a galaxy S7 Android phone.
If I select custom and choose one of the phones inbuilt sounds then this plays ok.
But if add a new mp3 sound to the phones ringtone or notification folder, it shows up in Hik Connect when choosing custom notification, but it doesn't play and sound.
Any ideas? Bug in app?

Sorry, this isn't something we have tested - hopefully somebody else will be able to offer their input and findings.

Where do you find those custom sounds? I want to change it also, and also duration on the android :)

ok, found it, but thats only for notifications
where can i define the ringtone on the hikconnect when someone presses the doorbell ?

i think i know what the issue is, seems HikCOnnect is always creating a new category when a new notification is received, it should be sticky, so we can change a ringtone on that specific notification are you guys able to contact Hikvision and report this bug? attached some screenshots

also uploaded a screenshot of a working app, there you can specify for each notication category an sound, its always sticky

HikConnect is always creating a new notification and is not sticky

Attachments

• HA example of working app.jpg
    HA example of working app.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 414
  • Hik1.jpg
    Hik1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 426
  • Hik2 dozen of categories of same notification.jpg
    Hik2 dozen of categories of same notification.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 361
  • Hik2 dozen of categories of same notification2.jpg