01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect different to NVR playback

cw-lions

Hoping someone can help as i'm quickly running out of ideas. Have 2 x Hiwatch 2MP POE cameras on a Hikvision NVR. Everything works fine - playback on the box is continuous, cameras show fine.

Problem - on the Hik Connect app i get chunks of yellow. Sometimes you can playback footage before and after these chunks (presume motion) and sometimes you can't. The NVR shows blue continuous playback right to a minute or so to live time. I have turned off all motion, deleted the NVR from the app and readded, factory reset the NVR apart from user and IP settings. Still i get this non continuous playback from the app.

Driving me mad and spent hours on it.

I can't be the only person to have this issue :/

Appreciate any advice. thanks !

Attachment shows yellow and non playback

Attachments

• Image-2.jpg
    Image-2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 555
Sorry, I've not seen this symptom before.
We've never sold HiWatch/HiLook, so others may be more experienced / more able to help you.

Is your internet uplink speed at the NVR site OK?
Is it the same if you use the App locally (via wi-fi) on the same site/LAN?
iPhone or Android?

Not sure it's a camera issue tbh unless they have settings internally. I'll try Hik support but thanks

Sorry, what model NVR are you using?

Sorry, still not an NVR model that we sell or are familiar with :(

If you crack it with the help of Hikvision Tech Support please do come back and share the answer,

Thanks.

Realised last night that connecting via ip address showed continuous app playback. Called Hik today and new Firmware sorted it.

i did check tbf but their portal is a nightmare i find

Called Hik today and new Firmware sorted it.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that you have it sorted :)
I don't suppose they guided you to a portal or some other repository to download the latest firmware for HiWatch/HiLook?
I'd love to be able to link enquirers with such a resource, but would guess they probably provided just what you needed (via a dropbox link or similar).

i had to call and ask for it. they said that it was on their FTP not the portal.

now my email account has been blocked by mail.com for abuse. it was only setup for sending motion cctv alerts last week. ffs pain in the arse all this haha

just worked out you can turn on "surveillance centre" to get app notifications of motion etc which include playback whereas the email on it's own didn't. result!

Back