01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect - DS-KD8003-IME1 - Huawei P30 pro call issue

Plumie

Hi, I have the following setup, DS-KD8003/DS-KH6320 etc. All was fine until a while ago when suddenly calls from Hik-Connect stopped "ringing" my phone, it seems as if the call is not initiated.
I get the H-C notification that "somebody there ring the door" (their English, not mine) and if I follow the notification then the call starts up and I can interact with the door station.
All firmware is up to date and the system has been rebooted countless times.
I suspect that there MAY be an issue with the Huawei / Hik combination, as countless searches shows up nothing. My question is therefore, has anyone else, with this combination or similar, got this issue please? Or better still a fix!

Many thanks in anticipation.

This thread solved my issue, downgraded to 4.14.1 and all appears to be working now.

Upvote 0
Sadly, my euphoria was short lived, after downgrading Hik-connect to 4.14.1 it only worked the first time, but now it's back to "normal" with only a notification, no call setup unless you click on the notification, it then sets up the call from 1.1.1

Out of interest I loaded 1.16.0 on an Acer tablet today and it works every time.

Back to the drawing board for me then, as I feel it's definitely a Huawei phone issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to my personal thread, or at lease that's how it seems! :)

Update:-

I resurrected an old OnePlus 2, running android 6, loaded Hik-connect 1.16.0, but that didn't work at all with my setup until I logged into my Google account on the phone, it then worked perfectly and still does every time. That, I think, validates my setup in terms of the network, firewall etc.

That seems to indicate a "Chinee's phone Co./ loss of Google services" issue to me??? (Or at least Huawei trying to do their own "thing" on EMUI)

Could this be a Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) issue? Does anyone have a view? Is this what Hik-Connect uses?

Any contributions to my thread will be much appreciated. :)

Upvote 0
I have loaded 1.16.1 , released a few days ago, and my notifications are fixed now, i got 2 doorbell presses successful

Upvote 0
Many thanks for your input NoFate, are you using a P30 pro? If so, is it an international version?

Update:-

2 days ago I bit the bullet and factory reset my P30 and after all the pain that that involves the same issue exists, I get a notification but no call. It always works initially after a fresh install of Hik-connect, but as time goes by it fails to set up a calls.

If I enter the notification message on the phone as it arrives the call is setup as normal and it will continue to work with subsequent presses on the "door bell" until a period of sleep on the phone, then it's back to the issue of no call setup.

I do have the 3 power options set correctly to manual manage.

I have also noticed that with Hik-Connect locked to not close when the all apps close dust bin is pressed, it randomly does close after a time.

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0
i'm still striggling with issues too:

1) sometimes when someone pressed the doorbel, it takes about 1-2 minutes before hikconnect starts ringing
2) sometimes when i pickup , i have no 2way audio or video

might be related to my indoor panel, i have an 9310 , i think i am the only one here :)

Upvote 0
Back