01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect Failed to Search the Video

fish221171

Hi All,

Can anyone help me i am always getting the message "Failed to Search the Video" when i try and watch back the motion detection on my iPhone. I am getting this message when i use Wifi or 4G. It makes no difference.

I really like the Hikvision camera's and the NVR but I am beginning to really hate the IOS Hikvision connect app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

My first thought would be something like a bandwidth bottleneck.
Typically your site ISP uplink speed (although it could be more nuanced).
If you record at a lower resolution and/or frame rate does the problem go away?

My first thought would be something like a bandwidth bottleneck.
Typically your site ISP uplink speed (although it could be more nuanced).
If you record at a lower resolution and/or frame rate does the problem go away?

My internet speed with VM is 20 upload, 350 download. Bandwidth seems fine. I have also lowered the res and frame rate, still no luck!

Not sure what else to try.

Thanks

Hi,
We were advised of a new release of the Hik-Connect App a few days ago:
Hik-Connect App Release Notes

I know that the Android version has not yet actually been made available.
Can you please update to that when it's available for your iPhone, test again, and let us know whether you are still having problems,
Thanks

Hi,
We were advised of a new release of the Hik-Connect App a few days ago:
Hik-Connect App Release Notes

I know that the Android version has not yet actually been made available.
Can you please update to that when it's available for your iPhone, test again, and let us know whether you are still having problems,
Thanks

Thanks i am now running v3.7.6.190403 on the iPhone and still no luck :(

What Hikvision hardware do you have please? (model numbers)
And what firmware version is each device currently running please?

I am having the same issue, whenever I go to playback an event video from the iPhone on the Hik Connect APP, I get the "Failed to Search Video" message. I checked my upload speed and it seems like it should be more than enough, 35 mbps. However, when I checked to see the latest firmware for my unit, it appears both my NVR and camera set have been discontinued.
My NVR version is DS-7608NI-EV2 / 8P and my cameras are DS-2CD2342WD-I. Will the fact that they are discontinued hinder the performance of my system?
When I tried to upgrade the lastest firmware listed on the Hik Connect website from my web browser, it said upgrade failed.

Any ideas?

Hi, I am having the same issue. Plenty of notifications coming in to the app, but when I click to see them I get the error "Failed to search the video". All cameras (DS-2CD2347G1-LU), NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P), phone (iOS 13.5.1), app firmware/versions are the latest and I am on the same network so not even a bandwidth issue. It doesn't seem like there was a resolution to the above discussion (or people never came back), and according to the app reviews on the app store I can see some people complaining about the same issue for quite a while now. :(

I have the same issue with my K series NVR, but it only started when the NVR was updated to the latest firmware a few weeks ago. It also blocks me from logging in via the web admin and iVMS-4200. It still records, shows liveview, but playback and remote admin login are not operational. If you restart the NVR, then playback resumes for a bout 24hrs before it crashes again. I've been running the latest firmware on all cameras and NVR to rule out old firmware issues.

Try rebooting the NVR, I bet you'll then be able to replay the notifications wait for a day or two and my guess is that it will fail again!

Hi, coincidentally an hour ago I went to see how events shows on the NVR itself... and the NVR crashed and rebooted (great). Once it rebooted, then yes the Hik-Connects tarted to work again. It is worrying to hear that this is likely to only survive for 1 day and then fall over again.

You can also add me to the list as I am getting the same "Failed to search the video" error. Originally I thought it was due to my camera's and NVR not being on the most current firmware, but even after updating them both, I am still getting the same error. Coincidentally I am also using an iOS device.

i don’t think it’s iOS related as I can’t log in via the web browser on a Mac or PC. Likewise iVMS software are also locked out.

Happens to me too. Although not all the time. This morning for example all my notifications I've been able to watch fine.

Instead of hitting the play button, try touching a point on the video timeline to begin play from somewhere after the beginning. See if that helps.

I'm on Android but sometimes get this same error. If I touch the timeline a little after the beginning it will play the video from that point on.

Also having the same issues. Very intermittent. NVR reboots itself atleast twice a day...

Live feed is no problem. Event playback and regular playback through Hik-Connect I’ll get “Failed to search the video”. I say Hik-Connect but I’m using ProControl+.

All firmwares are up to date on NVR and cameras.

Playback directly at the NVR works fine.

Ive rolled back my firmware to from 4.00 to 3.4.112 on my K series NVR. and it’s fixed a load of the issues. It did reset my settings, so I had to reconfigure the NVR. However the GUI is running much quicker.

just for info, cameras are all running the latest 5.6.5 firmware, and the latest Hik-Connect apps, so out of date soft/firmware wasn’t an issue.

Just wanted to update this. NVR rebooted itself 20 mins ago and playback from events and manual playback at the ProControl app are working fine.

I’m guessing this is an NVR issue and not the app or a network problem.

11:30 Update: After only 5 hours of NVR rebooting itself ProConnect now will not let me replay events or any playback. Live view still functional.

Last edited:
Back