01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect Failed to Search the Video

Another update:

ProControl playback working after manually rebooting NVR. 4 hours later back to “failed to search the video”.

Can not access the NVR via browser over LAN but strangely it’s allowing me to access the cameras which are directly connected to the NVR. I am accessing them over the web host function...

playback via web host states “no record file”.

As of now the ProConnect app is showing device offline for live feed and playback.

I am able to view live feed and playback through the hikconnect but only over the manually added NVR over LAN (192.168 etc)

I may start a new thread as I seem to have hijacked this one lol.

I Rolled back to v3.4.110 and everything is running much better. playback is working fine, likewise it doesn't lock me out anymore. V4.00 was causing major headaches, I'd suggest rollback or wait for firmware upgrade.

However during the rollback, it did automatically reset the NVR back to factory settings which was a pain, but v3.4.110 is much more stable.

I Rolled back to v3.4.110 and everything is running much better. playback is working fine, likewise it doesn't lock me out anymore. V4.00 was causing major headaches, I'd suggest rollback or wait for firmware upgrade.

However during the rollback, it did automatically reset the NVR back to factory settings which was a pain, but v3.4.110 is much more stable.

I rolled mine back today to 3.4.110. Put all my motion line detection intruder settings back to how they were and now I’m not receiving any notifications at all. Have enabled notify surveillance Center and notifications under the tab on the ProControl app.

I rolled mine back today to 3.4.110. Put all my motion line detection intruder settings back to how they were and now I’m not receiving any notifications at all. Have enabled notify surveillance Center and notifications under the tab on the ProControl app.

yes, I had the same issue too on one camera. Cant quite remember how I fixed it, I tried multiple reboots, but I think mine came back on after various toggling of alerts/notifications in the camera and NVR. Took about 3 days of frustration as it should’ve worked, then suddenly it fixed itself overnight.

Hi,
I am having the same problem with playback saying failed to search the video on iphone everything up to date can any help

Hi,
I am having the same problem with playback saying failed to search the video on iphone everything up to date can any help

Some people have mentioned changing your phones time from am/pm to 24 hour or the other way round solved it. But didnt work for me.
I still get intermittent "Failed to search video".

I just started a new thread on the same issue. Running version 4.11.0 of app. And all firmware is recently updated. Color Vu G1 series with K series NVR.
VERY annoying issue! Who has solved it?

It seems to be working a lot better now. I get it a lot less.

only thing I've changed is updating all firmwares to latest version.

It seems to be working a lot better now. I get it a lot less.

only thing I've changed is updating all firmwares to latest version.
I did the same, but still after restart of NVR everything works perfectly for about a day and then no playback possible anymore. Installed IVMS-4500 on my iPhone, same issue. Can it be related to the hik-connect server?

I did the same, but still after restart of NVR everything works perfectly for about a day and then no playback possible anymore. Installed IVMS-4500 on my iPhone, same issue. Can it be related to the hik-connect server?

Only other thing I could think is possibly if your bandwidth is in high usage and it cant cope fetching the video.

Only other thing I could think is possibly if your bandwidth is in high usage and it cant cope fetching the video.
68F91B82-62CB-4761-9223-5F740072F702.jpeg

That cannot be an issue. Sufficient bandwidth here.

Can it be related to the hik-connect server?

I suspect that Hikvision's Hik-Connect servers can be a limiting factor.
We have certainly seen some Pro installers preferring to configure setups that avoid the Hik-Connect servers to achieve smoother video.
But, without Hik-Connect, you cannot have Push notifications :(

To be honest, if I get an alert, the first thing I'll check is the live camera feeds to make sure all is OK at home. These work straight away.
Then I will check the event if needed.

Back