01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-connect IOS App - Favorites giving camera list - not thumbnails

justinowens

Hi,
I'm using Hik-Connect on IOS (the latest version).
I have a number of different Favourite folders set up.
When I click on any of the folders it brings me in to a list view of the cameras (it's an 'Edit Favourites' view).
If I close and then click again on the same Favourites folder it gives me the 'Camera View'.
It's a real pain as to view my favourites I need to click in, leave and click in again.

This used to work correctly, then it was 'broken' in a previous firmware version, then fixed and then broken again a few releases ago.
Has anyone else noticed this or been able to fix?

See the attached pictures.
IMG_8091.PNG

IMG_8092.PNG

Can you please confirm the Hik-Connect IOS App version you are using?

Hi Phil,

It's 4.6.0.742827
It was broken two or three updates ago on IOS.
It was previously broken too, then fixed for a few releases, then broken again.......

Seems like it brings you incorrectly into an edit view rather that just a viewing mode...

Thanks, obviously it is one of those things that we can only bring to the attention of Hikvision Tech Support / make them aware / hope that they will fix ...

Hi @justinowens

We passed this on to Hikvision technical support team and they have tested and explained below:

I have tested on my app, and it will jump to the edit page if I click the left bottom ‘…’, and will directly go to the favorite channel if I click the center point.

image001 (1).jpg

No, if I click center I get the edit mode.
Also don’t see the thumbnails before I click the first time, only after I click in to edit and then exit. In the attached you will see that I have the ‘+’ and not the thumbnails.

Attachments

• 5BFA7C3C-7E6B-4F2E-981D-B66DAE250971.png
    5BFA7C3C-7E6B-4F2E-981D-B66DAE250971.png
    376.3 KB · Views: 193
Here is the second time after I click in the first time. You can see the thumbnails now.

Attachments

• 669AB50C-B961-491F-A3DF-6D2849F4B3F2.png
    669AB50C-B961-491F-A3DF-6D2849F4B3F2.png
    617.5 KB · Views: 187
I have a number of Deepinmind NVRs and a couple of I series too. It’s the same with all so it seems to related to the App

Ok, I've passed this information to Hik support as well and their response is below:

I have tried single camera as favorite as well and the result is the same. Could you please suggest the customer to change a network environment and see if it changes? Is that possible that he can provide us with the account name and password so you or me can have a test?

From our forum/webshop backend I can see you are a use-IP customer so if the changing networks doesn't have any effect you can always email us your account details to pass on to Hik support or just make email contact with us and we will put you in contact with Hik support for you to share the account details directly with them.

Ok, I've passed this information to Hik support as well and their response is below:

I have tried single camera as favorite as well and the result is the same. Could you please suggest the customer to change a network environment and see if it changes? Is that possible that he can provide us with the account name and password so you or me can have a test?

From our forum/webshop backend I can see you are a use-IP customer so if the changing networks doesn't have any effect you can always email us your account details to pass on to Hik support or just make email contact with us and we will put you in contact with Hik support for you to share the account details directly with them.
Hi Dan,
It works correctly for me with a single camera - where I have added the camera to Hik-Connect using IP\Domain - just not for the NVRs using P2P.
I will email you my logon details.
Thx

Update for anyone watching this thread - @justinowens provided access to his account and we shared this with Hikvision support and they came back to us below:

We have located the issue and will fix it in the next version V4.6.1, which will be released very soon.

If you are also experiencing this issue keep an eye out for the app update, when it does get released do let us know if the problem still persists.

Back